Air Fryer Chicken Wings – Perfectly crispy and delicious chicken wings in just minutes! Use fresh or frozen chicken and toss in your favorite sauce.
Who doesn’t love chicken wings?! The crispy chicken with buffalo sauce is just such a great combination. Traditionally at a restaurant to get them nice and crispy they are deep fried. But not here! The air fryer gets the same crispiness without all that oil.
So that means you can eat them more often, right?!
I have made Baked Chicken Wings before, and they were definitely tasty, but not quite as crispy as you would normally get. Plus they take almost and hour in the oven. It only takes about 16 minutes to cook chicken wings in the air fryer! Seriously, you can’t beat that!
Chicken wings in the air fryer are so easy to make, and you really can season them however you want and mix them with whatever sauce you like. There are a million different ways you can do them. I like to keep it simple, with just a few spices and then toss in buffalo sauce.
What You’ll Need
- Chicken Wings
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- A little bit of oil
- Your favorite sauce
Fresh or Frozen Chicken Wings
You really can use either in this recipe, the cooking time will change by just a couple minutes, but if you use frozen there is an extra step of draining the liquid in the middle of cooking.
Frozen chicken wings in the air fryer works great, but the frozen chicken has a lot of moisture in it. So after about 8 minutes when you would normally flip them, I like to drain the liquid out of the base, so you aren’t just steaming your chicken.
This is a super easy step to take, so if you have frozen chicken wings you can definitely make them in the air fryer.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Start by mixing together the spices for the dry rub. The salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder all get mixed together until blended.
- Toss the wings together with just a little bit of oil and the spices until everything is evenly coated.
- Add the wings to your air fryer basket, making sure they are in a single layer. You can work in batches if you want to double or triple the recipe for a crowd.
- Turn the air fryer on 400º and cook for 8 minutes for fresh wings and 10 minutes for frozen. Open the basket and flip the wings. If you are cooking frozen wings, make sure to drain the liquid in the base of the air fryer. Finish cooking for another 8 minutes until they are nice and crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and toss with your favorite sauce, or serve as it for dipping in a variety of sauces.
Making chicken wings in the air fryer will totally change your opinion of wings at home. You will get that crispy exterior that you just haven’t been able to get without deep frying.
Plus frozen chicken wings in the air fryer only takes 2 minutes longer! You can’t beat that. So your next game day will be even tastier!
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
More Great Appetizer Recipes
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Carne Asada Fries
- White Queso Dip
- Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp oil (neutral flavored oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Favorite Sauce for serving
- Mix together salt pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder until well blended.
- Toss together chicken wings with oil and spice mixture until everything is well coated.
- Arrange wings in your air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook at 400º for 8 minutes, flip chicken and cook for an additional 8 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove from air fryer and toss with your favorite sauce to serve.
Took cook Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer - follow the same recipe, except cook them for 10 minutes before flipping the chicken. When you flip the chicken, be sure to drain the liquid in the base of your air fryer before continue to cook for 8 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 406Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 93mgSodium 1037mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 19g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!