Baked Chicken Wings with Creamy Green Sauce – get the taste of Peru with these super easy chicken wing. Tons of seasoning and a creamy cilantro lime sauce for dipping!
I am so excited for this post today. Not only are these baked chicken wings over the top amazing. But I am giving away the best prize ever! A trip to Peru!! You and a guest will have a 9 day culinary experience and get to explore Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. Talk about my dream trip! Cooking class, history, out doors, culture, and a festival!
So to get you in the mood I made classic chicken wings, flavored with the tastes of Peru. Probably nothing you will find on the trip, but amazing none the less. So be sure to enter, because I would LOVE it if one of you won! Click Here to Enter to Win!
I have always wanted to visit Peru. We have considered going to Machu Picchu a few times, but just haven’t done it. This giveaway might change things, because I am insanely jealous of what the winner gets!
The trip includes:
- Roundtrip Economy Class flights for two people from anywhere in the US
- 9 day trip between Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley, and Machu Picchu
- Special travel package, valued at $500, from AFAR
- Travel Gear from Eagle Creek (wheeled suit case and other luggage)
- VIP tour of Pisco Porton’s Hacienda La Caravedo distillery
- Visit historical places and discover local cuisine
- Attend Mistura, the largest food festival in South America
Click HERE to Enter to Win!
Baked Chicken Wings are super easy to make. What makes these special is the marinade. You can let them sit in the marinade all day, or up to 24 hours. The longer they sit, they more flavor they get. These chicken drumsticks look like a great dinner or game day snack as well!
And that green sauce on these wings? Oh my it is delicious. To come up with this recipe I researched a lot about different flavors and traditions in Peruvian cuisine. One repeating thing I found was green sauce. It is a creamy sauce with tons of cilantro, garlic, and lime. It is so easy to make, and good on just about anything.
You can put the green sauce on these baked chicken wings, or steak, or a burger, a salad, or even on roasted veggies it would be amazing. Store any leftovers in the fridge, and you will find a million uses for it.
So go ENTER to win this amazing trip. And send me lots of pictures if you go.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbls lime juice
- 2 Tbls white wine vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 pounds chicken wings
Creamy Green Sauce
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbls vegetable oil
- 1 Tbls lime juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the marinade, except for the chicken. Whisk to combine. Mix in chicken, and stir to coat well. Over and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- In a small food processor or blender mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack over baking sheet. Dump chicken wings onto wire rack, and spread into a single layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minute until chicken is golden brown. Note, if not using a wire rack, turn chicken half way through the baking time.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with green sauce. Serve more on the side for dipping.
Amount Per ServingCalories 964Total Fat 76gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 48gCholesterol 194mgSodium 1992mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 41g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.