Cream Cheese Sausage Balls – These are not your average sausage balls, with both cream cheese and cheddar cheese they are delicious and full of great flavor!
I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for new appetizers. We have our favorites, and I love making a few staples when we have get togethers, but I always like to mix it up and try something new too.
Everyone knows the classic Bisquick Sausage Balls recipe, but this takes it to another level. Add cream cheese and they are even more tender and delicious.
How To Make Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
- Mix together all of the ingredients until well blended. You can use a spatula, stand mixer or hand mixer or this.
- Form into about 1 inch sized balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Let them sit in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to set up before baking.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and they are cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Sausage Balls Tips
- Lining your baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat will ensure they don’t stick to the pan.
- For the best results you want to use cheddar cheese that you shredded yourself. The pre-shredded kind has additives in there that can sometimes make your meatballs flat.
- To make easy work of mixing, use your stand mixer. It may seem like over kill, but it will make it so much easier to get everything well blended.
- Serve with a variety of dips. Barbecue Sauce, Honey Mustard, and Ranch are great ideas.
- You can definitely make these cream cheese sausage balls ahead of time. The recipe calls for them to be in the fridge a for 10 minutes before baking. But if you cover them they can sit in there for up to 2 days before baking.
- I like to use breakfast pork sausage for this recipe, but you could use Italian Sausage or even a Spicy Pork Sausage to give them more flavor.
Can You Freeze Sausage Balls
Yes, you definitely can freeze them. You can freeze them pre-cooked or even freeze the leftovers.
- To freeze them pre-cooked place them on a baking tray and put the tray in the freezer for a few hours. Once the meatballs are frozen, transfer them to a freezer safe storage bag or air tight container. Then just let them thaw for 30 minutes before you bake them.
- To freeze leftovers make sure they are at room temperature and then store in an air tight container in the freezer. Let them thaw in the fridge before you reheat.
Such an easy appetizer recipe you can make in no time! I love that you can make it ahead of time, so there is not scrambling last minute to get everything ready.
No matter what the occasion, even Tuesday night dinner, these meatballs will be a hit!
More Appetizer Recipes
- Best White Queso Recipe
- Hot Artichoke Dip
- Homemade Hush Puppies
- Cheesy Sausage Wontons
- Goat Cheese Dip
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Hot Crab Dip
- 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined. A stand mixer works really well for this.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes for the meatballs to set up.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until they are golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Amount Per ServingCalories 85Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 15mgSodium 211mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!