Italian Chicken Meatballs – baked chicken meatballs coated in marinara sauce. They make for the perfect appetizer or even dinner. You can even make ahead and freeze!
I am a sucker for meatballs, I always have been. One of my new favorite ways to make them is this Instant Pot Meatballs recipe. They just turn out so tender and juicy. You could definitely follow that method with this recipe for delicious chicken meatballs.
Meatballs make for a classic appetizer, but they are obviously good on pasta as well. You can even make Meatball Subs with them as well!
What You’ll Need
- Ground Chicken
- Italian Breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Marinara Sauce
I like to toss these meatballs with marinara sauce and have in a crockpot ready for a get together. But you can easily toss them with warm sauce and serve for dinner.
How To Make Italian Chicken Meatballs
- In a bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the meatballs, just leave out the actual marinara sauce.
- Form them into golf ball sized meatballs and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a hot oven for about 15 minutes, until they are cooked through.
- Add them to a crockpot or stockpot filled with marinara sauce to keep them warm or serve immediately with warmed marinara sauce.
How To Serve Chicken Meatballs
- Serve with toothpicks in a crockpot for a party.
- Serve on hot dog or sub buns for sandwiches
- Serve over pasta for a complete meal
- Turn into Spaghetti & Meatball Pizza
Meatballs are great to make ahead. You can freeze baked meatballs in a freezer safe plastic bag. Then you can reheat in sauce in a crockpot or you can bake partially thawed meatballs in a 350º F oven, until they are warmed through.
Meatballs are super versatile and you can flavor them any way you like, and mix up the sauce!
- Make Barbecue Chicken Meatballs – just eliminate the Italian seasoning called for and use plain breadcrumbs.
- Craving Asian food? These Asian Chicken Meatballs are a fun twist.
- Skip the marinara sauce and serve with Canes Sauce or another delicious dipping sauce.
- Turn these into Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – use plain breadcrumbs, skip the Italian seasoning, mix in 1 tsp of celery salt and a packet of ranch dressing mix. Then after they are baked toss with your favorite buffalo sauce.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Avocado Bruschetta
- Cheesy Corn Dip
- Chili Cheese Dip
- French Dip Sliders
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, ,lightly beaten
- Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the marinara sauce in a large bowl.
- Shape into golf-ball sized balls. Place in a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place meatballs and sauce in a crockpot or large pot to keep them warm and heat the sauce.
- Set on warm until ready to serve.
Serving Size12 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 135Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 59mgSodium 363mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 12g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!