Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups – Baked crispy wonton cups filled with a cheesy sausage mixture and baked until bubbly and hot. Great for any party, get together, or just because!
Appetizers just might be my favorite food group. Well I guess it would be behind chocolate. But there is just something about appetizers that I love. It often times involves chips, melty cheese, and all kinds of other deliciousness. Green Chili Enchilada Dip is a must make for parties around here.
Sometimes you want something a little more filling for an appetizer, like these Chicken Bites. And that is where these wonton cups come in. These are cheesy, gooey, spicy, and great for a quick bite. If you are throwing a game day party these would be a huge hit.
These sausage wonton cups are filled with ranch dressing, 2 kinds of cheese, black olives, jalapenos and sausage! Talk about all kinds of goodness in one bite! They are super easy to make, and you can make most of it ahead of time and then just bake when it is time to eat.
I love something you can make ahead, like Corn Dip. You just have everything in the fridge waiting for you, and when it is time you heat it up. Perfect for when you want to do most of the work the day before, so you aren’t exhausted and your kitchen isn’t a mess when friends show up.
Tips for Making Wonton Cups
- A mini muffin tin works great, they are the right size to press in and get a cup for filling
- Be very gentle when pressing them in, they tear very easily.
- Try to get the wonton wrappers to have a flat bottom when you press them in. This can be hard to do, but your little cups will stand up afterwards, so it is worth the effort to try to make it happen.
- Bake them until they are golden brown. Keep an eye on them, because they can go from golden brown to burnt very quickly.
- You can make these the day ahead of time and just store in an air tight container until they are ready to fill.
So if you are looking for a fun new appetizer, these wonton cups are a great choice. They always disappear and you can even mix up the filling a little bit for those picky eaters. My husband hates black olives, so I usually leave about 1/2 of them without when I am making them. That way everyone can enjoy!
And if you want a dip for your next party, this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is a huge hit. It is one of the more popular recipes on this site, and it goes crazy on Pinterest when I share it there. Be the hero at your next party!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, , cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, , grated
- 1 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, , shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 can black olives, , finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, (fresno), finely chopped
- 1 package Wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients, expect the wonton wrappers, mixing until well combined.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray. Press 1 wonton wrapper in each, keeping the wrapper open. Be careful not to tear them. Spray the wrappers with non-stick spray. Place in over and bake for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove wrappers from muffin tins. Fill with sausage mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minute until bubbly.
These can be made ahead - cook the wonton cups and just fill and bake when ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 108 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 21mg Sodium 224mg Carbohydrates 1g Fiber 0g Sugar 1g Protein 5g