Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups – Baked crispy wonton cups filled with a cheesy sausage mixture and baked until bubbly and hot. Great for any party, get together, or just because!
Appetizers just might be my favorite food group. Well I guess it would be behind chocolate. But there is just something about appetizers that I love. It often times involves chips, melty cheese, and all kinds of other deliciousness. Taco Dip is pretty much a weekend staple in our house.
Sometimes you want something a little more filling for an appetizer, like Buffalo Chicken Sliders, and that is where these wonton cups come in. These are cheesy, gooey, spicy, and great for a quick bite. If you are throwing a game day party these would be a huge hit.
These sausage wonton cups are filled with ranch dressing, 2 kinds of cheese, black olives, jalapenos and sausage! Talk about all kinds of goodness in one bite! They are super easy to make, and you can make most of it ahead of time and then just bake when it is time to eat.
What’s In Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups
- Breakfast Sausage
- Cheddar Cheese
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Black Olives
- Fresno Pepper (or jalapeno)
- Wonton Wrappers
Homemade Ranch Dressing will make them even better! So if you have some on hand, now is the time to use it.
How To Make Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups
- Start by making your wonton cups. Spray a mini muffin tin well with non-stick spray and then gently press a wrapper into each spot, to make little cups. Once the muffin tin is full, spray the wrappers with non-stick spray and then bake for about 5 minutes until they start to turn golden brown and get crispy. You can do this step the day before, just cover with plastic wrap once they are cool, until the next day when you are ready to fill them.
- Next you prepare the filling. Just mix everything together until it is well combined.
- Fill each of the wonton cups will filling and then bake for 5-10 minutes until everything is hot and bubbly.
l like to remove the wonton cups from the muffin tin to fill them and then bake on a separate baking sheet. I find they are easier to get out of the muffin tin this way and stay in one piece better.
Tips for Making Wonton Cups
- A mini muffin tin works great, they are the right size to press in and get a cup for filling
- Be very gentle when pressing them in, they tear very easily.
- Try to get the wonton wrappers to have a flat bottom when you press them in. This can be hard to do, but your little cups will stand up afterwards, so it is worth the effort to try to make it happen.
- Bake them until they are golden brown. Keep an eye on them, because they can go from golden brown to burnt very quickly.
- You can make these the day ahead of time and just store in an air tight container until they are ready to fill.
So if you are looking for a fun new appetizer, these wonton cups are a great choice. They always disappear and you can even mix up the filling a little bit for those picky eaters. If you don’t like black olives, leave them out. If you like it spicy, add more peppers.
And if you want a dip for your next party, this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is a huge hit. It is one of the more popular recipes on this site, and it goes crazy on Pinterest when I share it there. Be the hero at your next party!
More Great Appetizer Recipes
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- French Dip Sliders
- Cheesy Corn Dip
- Smoked Chicken Wings
- Avocado Chicken Bites
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Dip
- White Queso
Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups
Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups - Baked crispy wonton cups filled with a cheesy sausage mixture and baked until bubbly and hot. Great for any party, get together, or just because!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 can black olives, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, (fresno), finely chopped
- 1 package Wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients, expect the wonton wrappers, mixing until well combined.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray. Press 1 wonton wrapper in each, keeping the wrapper open. Be careful not to tear them. Spray the wrappers with non-stick spray. Place in over and bake for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove wrappers from muffin tins. Fill with sausage mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minute until bubbly.
These can be made ahead - cook the wonton cups and just fill and bake when ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 108Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 21mgSodium 224mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
- Bisquick Muffins - May 29, 2023
- Oatmeal Pancakes - May 26, 2023
Monday 24th of January 2022
These are so addicting. I love the ranch and sausage combo yum!
Monday 24th of January 2022
We made these for the games this weekend and they are so good! And so easy!
Friday 21st of January 2022
These wonton cups sound perfect for our weekly family movie night. They look amazing!
Thursday 20th of January 2022
I will definitely be making these for the super bowl party. They are going to be a huge hit!
Thursday 20th of January 2022
Those look absolutely amazing. I love all that cheesy sausage goodness wrapped up in that golden shell. Yummo!