Buffalo Chicken Sliders – tangy and spicy buffalo chicken in soft slider buns brushed with a buttery ranch mixture that makes them extra special. They are great as a meal or an appetizer!
Do you have something you make regularly when you get together with other people? I have a couple of dips; Cheesy Corn Dip and Baked Goat Cheese Dip that almost always make an appearance. But sometimes I like to branch out and make something a little heartier.
It can be game day, or a potluck in the middle of the summer or a holiday party. These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the perfect addition to the event. You can make them ahead, you can, they come together in minutes, and they are a real crowd pleaser!
The recipe for these chicken sliders cooks the chicken in the Instant Pot, but you can easily use rotisserie chicken if you want to make these even faster and easier. I have included instructions in the recipe card below for how to use already cooked chicken. And if you want to use a slow cooker instead, that works too. The point is really to just cook the chicken, shred it, and flavor it with buffalo sauce.
What’s In Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Slider Buns
- Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
A lot of people like King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls when you are making sliders, but I prefer something buttery. So any slider bun, dinner roll or even the savory butter rolls from King’s Hawaiian work great.
How To Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- In the base of the Instant Pot mix together the water, buffalo sauce, and ranch seasoning mix.
- Add the chicken and butter to the pot and close and lock the lid.
- Put the Instant Pot under high pressure for 14 minutes ,and then quick release to unlock.
- Remove the chicken and use forks to shred. Add back to the pot and toss with the sauce.
If you use rotisserie chicken, just toss the chicken with buffalo sauce, melted butter, and ranch dressing mix until everything is evenly coated.
How To Make Chicken Sliders
Once you have the chicken shredded you are ready to assemble the sliders. You can do this immediately or you can do it the next day if you want.
- Cut the slider buns in half and arrange the bottom buns in an even layer in a baking dish.
- Spread the chicken evenly over the top of the buns and put the top buns over the chicken.
- Brush the tops with the melted butter and ranch dressing mix.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes until everything is warm and the buns are slightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
The recipe calls for using ranch dressing mix. You can use a store bought packet or try my Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix that you can have on hand all the time.
These buffalo chicken sliders are a huge crowd pleaser! You can mix it up different wants to make it your own.
- Serve with ranch dressing on the side for people to spread on a dip to help with the heat.
- Add blue cheese crumbles to the sliders.
- Before you bake the sliders, sprinkle cheddar cheese over the chicken. Then bake until it is melty and hot.
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes
- Southwest Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Best White Queso
- Refried Bean Dip
- Taco Dip
- Cheesy Sausage Wontons
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Buffalo Chicken Sliders - tangy and spicy buffalo chicken in soft slider buns brushed with a buttery ranch mixture that makes them extra special. They are great as a meal or an appetizer!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 12 slider buns
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- In the base of the Instant Pot mix together buffalo sauce, water, and ranch dressing mix. Add chicken and butter.
- Close the lid and lock into place. Cook under high pressure for 14 minutes. Quick release the chicken to unlock the pressure cooker.
- Remove chicken and use forks to shred. Add back to the pot and toss with the sauce to coat.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Slice slider buns in half and place the bottom buns in a baking dish.
- Arrange shredded chicken over the buns and put the tops of the buns over the chicken.
- In a small bowl melt the butter and stir in the ranch dressing mix. Brush over the top of the buns.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-17 minutes until everything is hot and the buns are slightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
To use rotisserie chicken, use 3 cups of shredded chicken and toss with 1 cup of buffalo sauce and 2 Tbsp of melted butter. Continue with the recipe as written.
Amount Per Serving Calories 373Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 112mgSodium 1405mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 41g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Love it! It’s two of the best party foods ever made smashed together into one ultra party food.
What perfect timing, I’ve totally been craving sliders lately!
This is really good!! A huge hit at my house!
Love the taste! This is a great easy dinner
Pat Matlock says
What are the directions forusing a slow cooker?
Erin S says
Same, just cook in your crockpot on low for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is tender.