Easy Taco Dip Recipe – This easy dip recipe is loaded with flavor and perfect for any get together. Perfect snack for game day, a last minute appetizer or just a snack!
I have said it a million times here before, but my family loves Mexican food. So it should come as no surprise this taco dip has been a staple in our house for years. It is made on a weekly basis during football season for sure! Along with Mexican Pizzas it is a huge hit.
Next to Baked Mexican Cheese Dip it is hard to pick what is more loved. Good thing they are different enough we can make them both and serve them side by side.
There are a lot of layered taco dip recipes out there, but this one is super simple and our all time favorite. The base is a mix of sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning. Then you top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and black olives. That is it!
The base of this dip is so good, a lot of the time we just make that and skip all the toppings. A creamy and slightly spicy dip is always a good idea! This Spicy Cajun Dip is another great idea for game day.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning
- Black Olives
How to Make Taco Dip
- Start with softened cream cheese and mix with sour cream and taco seasoning. I like to use the spicy taco seasoning to give it more flavor.
- You can make the base of this dip ahead of time and just store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- The longer the dip sits the more the flavors come together. So I like to mix this together a few hours early. Not necessary at all, but if you have time it is great to make ahead.
- Spread the dip on a plate or serving dish. Top with shredded lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and black olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips and just watch it disappear!
This taco dip recipe is quickly going to become a staple in your house. You can mix up the toppings to incorporate your favorites as well. Jalapenos, green onions and even diced avocado make a great addition.
Layered taco dip can sometimes to be heavy and over the top with all the layers. This version is so simple and basic, which is why I like it. It has all my favorites and nothing more!
More Tasty Appetizer Recipes
- Pinwheel Sandwich
- Taco Cups
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Chile Spiced Almonds
- Italian Nachos
- Baked Wontons
- Mexican Snack Mix
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning (1 packet)
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sliced Black Ollives
- Cheddar Cheese
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning until smooth and well blended.
- Spread onto a dinner plate or platter
- Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and black olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips
Amount Per Serving Calories 121Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 32mgSodium 163mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!