The Super Bowl is days away, and I have yet to share one good party recipe with you. Time to change that! Friday I am putting together a round up of great recipes, so make sure you come back for more ideas then! This one I found over at my friend Megan’s site. I knew immediately I had to make it.
My husband is a huge fan of dips. It doesn’t really matter what kind, he tends to love them all. This one had a few of his favorite ingredients in in; ranch, bacon, chipotle….seemed like a winning combination to me! Plus, I was sold because it was made with Greek yogurt. I am all for anytime I can incorporate Greek yogurt into our lives. The stuff is just so good for you!
Word to the wise on this one. Start with very little chipotle. Even for my spice loving husband, I added too much! You can always add more, so start with a little and adjust to taste. And if you aren’t into really smoky flavors, use plain jalapeno. The bacon adds some smoke, so a small can of green chilis (or a partial can) would be a great substitution.
- 8 oz plain Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 8 oz sour cream (I used light)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 5 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1 chipotle in adobo (or plain jalapeno)
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours for the flavors to come together
- Serve chilled with chips or veggies
Adapted from Wanna Be a Country Cleaver