Every year around Thanksgiving we make Party Mix. It makes a pot that literally lasts until Christmas. Sometimes though, you can’t really wait until Thanksgiving for party mix. And sometimes, you want your party mix to have some kick. Enter Mexican Snack Mix.
This makes a reasonable amount of snack mix (about 5 cups). Is super adaptable to whatever you have or want to throw in. It also has lots of yummy flavors, and a tiny bit of a kick. You could easily give it a big kick, if that is your thing too. See, super adaptable. I made this last Friday, and I am embarrassed by how quickly it disappeared. You have to be prepared, it is super addicting. I had to just stay away, because once I started, there was no stopping. But with only 2 tablespoons of butter in the entire recipes, it really isn’t that bad for you. Whole grain cereal, nuts, fat free pretzels….I could think of worse things to snack on 🙂
I found this recipe in the Tortillas to the Rescue. It is full of recipes that only use tortillas. I always have a couple sitting in my fridge, so I was excited to see all the other ideas of things to use them in. Be it dessert, appetizers, breakfast, lunch or dinner, there are recipes for everything.
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup small pretzels
- 3 small tortillas, , cut into small squares
- 1 cup multi-seed crackers
- 2 Tbls butter, , melted
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbls lime juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a glass 13x9 inch baking dish combine the cereal, nuts, pretzels, tortillas, and crackers. Toss until evenly combined.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter with the rest of the ingredients. Pour over the cereal mixture. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, toss until everything is evenly coated. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and cool completely before serving.
- Store in an air tight container for a few days.
Adapted from Tortillas to the Rescue
Amount Per ServingCalories 287 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 8mg Sodium 449mg Carbohydrates 31g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 3g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 8g
**Ulysses Press sent me this book. The opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links.