Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Dip – Bubbling hot gooey, cheesy enchilada dip. Turn your favorite green chili chicken enchiladas into a dip perfect for game day.
Any kind of cheese dip is always a hit for game day, get togethers, or just a random Thursday night. I mean, how can you go wrong with gooey, melty cheese?!
Often times when you think of a cheese dip, you think of something like White Queso Dip, but there are so many other delicious options out there! This loaded with chicken, so you could almost justify making a meal out of it.
Mexican food is probably my favorite type of food out there. I would eat Sour Cream Enchiladas with some homemade Guacamole every night of the week if I got a chance. So why not put all those flavors in a dip that will knock your socks off!
Chicken Enchilada Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- Chopped Green Chilies
- Ground Cumin
- Chili Powder
- Shredded Chicken
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Monterey Jack Cheese
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Dip
I love how simple this is to throw together and the flavors just shine and make it an over the top delicious dip.
- Start by mixing together the cream cheese, sour cream, enchilada sauce, green chilies, cumin, chili powder and salt until everything is smooth and combined.
- Stir in the chicken, mozzarella cheese and some of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Next up you bake it for about 25 minutes until it is hot and bubbly. You could also put it in the crock pot at this point topped with the remaining cheese until everything is hot and melted for a party.
- If you are baking it top with the rest of the cheese and bake it until it is melted.
- This is best served warm.
Can I Make Enchilada Dip Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can mix everything together and store in the fridge until you want to bake it. It will last for about 2 days in the fridge before you bake.
You can also put the dip in the crock pot instead of the oven to heat it up for a party and keep it warm while your guests are enjoying it.
Enchilada Dip Variations
You can mix up the filling for this by adding some of your favorite things to make it even heartier and delicious.
- Black Beans
- Top with Cilantro
- Black Olives
- Rotel Tomatoes
More Cheesy Appetizer Recipes
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Bake Blue Cheese Dip
- Hot Artichoke Dip
- Goat Cheese Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can green chili enchilada sauce, (10 oz)
- 1 can chopped green chiles, (4 oz)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken, , cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, enchilada sauce, green chiles, cumin, chili powder and salt until well combined. Add in chicken, Mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour into an oven safe skillet or baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and hot.
- Top with 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Return tot he oven until melted.
- Remove and serve with tortilla chips
Inspired by Recipe Runner
To make in a Slow Cooker:
Mix all of the ingredients together. Place in a slow cooker for 3-4 hours on low until hot. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition information is an estimate and varies depending on the brands and products you use.
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 67mgSodium 518mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 15g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!