Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip – Bubbling hot gooey, cheesy enchilada dip. Turn your favorite green chile chicken enchiladas into a dip perfect for game day.
I spent the day yesterday home with a sick little boy. He seemed to have a short 12 hour stomach bug. He has not had a real stomach bug since he was 2 years old. He was up almost every 30 minutes most of the night. At 7:30 in the morning he got up for the day, and said he felt better. He was wondering if I was going to let him go to school. He never had a fever, so he was thinking maybe I would let him go.
Needless to say, that did not happen. He was fine most of the day, just got pretty tired from not getting much sleep the night before. I am glad that he is back to school today, and so is he. It was already a short week, and it just got even shorter!
One thing my son did while home yesterday was read up on football. He is kind of football/sports obsessed. He is a big Packer fan, so not exactly happy with who made it to the Super Bowl. But the game will be watched, nonetheless.
And while watching the game, yummy food will need to be consumed. That is just a rule. Even if it ends up just being the 3 of us, we will have snacks and appetizers out for grazing on during the game. This Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip should definitely be one of the ones you end up snacking on.
I actually made this dip for our Christmas Eve lunch. Just a tiny bit spicy, not too much for my 9 year old, but you could definitely bump up the heat factor if that is your thing.
Creamy, cheesy, and perfect for any get together. I did add shredded chicken to make this more filling, but my husband thinks next time we should leave it out. Either way, it was so good, and I can’t wait to make it again next week.
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1 (10 oz) can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken , cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese , divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, enchilada sauce, green chiles, cumin, chili powder and salt until well combined. Add in chicken, Mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour into an oven safe skillet or baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and hot.
- Top with 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Return tot he oven until melted.
- Remove and serve with tortilla chips
To make in a Slow Cooker:
Mix all of the ingredients together. Place in a slow cooker for 3-4 hours on low until hot. Serve with tortilla chips.