This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs – make a complete dinner in the pressure cooker in just minutes! The chicken stays juicy and tender and full of flavor.
Let’s face it, life is busy for pretty much everyone. It doesn’t matter if you have kids in school with all their activities or not, life is just hectic. So getting a nutritious meal on the table can sometimes be a challenge.
This Instant Pot Chicken Thighs recipe takes all the guess work out of dinner, and is ready in just one pan. Less clean-up is always a bonus when it comes to meal time.
This time of year not only are people trying to get back into a routine, most people are trying to get back on track with eating as well. This chicken thigh recipe is perfect. I used O Organics® chicken, mushrooms, and parsley, so it is a healthy meal I can feel good about feeding my family.
O Organics, Open Nature®, and Signature Family of Brands have a wide range of products perfect for easy meals you can make at home, any night of the week. And during the month of January there will be hot deals across the whole store on so many of the exclusive brand products! You can even shop these affordable high quality products here!
O Organics offers high-quality, 100% USDA-certified organic products in every aisle of the store. O Organics products are always non-GMO and reflect uncompromising purity and quality. So you can feel good about buying them.
How Long To Cook Chicken Thighs In Instant Pot
There are a couple different answers to this question. Are you using Fresh or Frozen Chicken Thighs? And do they have the bone or not?
Fresh Chicken Thighs
- Boneless – 9 minutes
- Bone-In – 11 minutes
Frozen Chicken Thighs
- Boneless – 11 minutes
- Bone-In – 13 minutes
Frozen chicken thighs in the Instant Pot are very easy to make, you really just need to add about 2 minutes to your cooking time. I love having the option of using frozen meat on those nights when I didn’t plan ahead or forgot to take meat out of the freezer.
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Season chicken thighs and then brown them using the saute function of the Instant Pot. Once they are browned, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Next melt the butter and saute the mushrooms, onions, and garlic until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Pour in the rice, chicken broth, and the seasonings. Then gently place the chicken on top of the rice mixture.
- Cover and lock the Instant Pot. Cook for 9 minutes under high pressure (seeing cooking notes for the correct times). Let it naturally release for 5 minutes, before finishing with the quick release.
- Remove the chicken and fluff the rice. Sprinkle with a generous amount of parsley to serve.
This recipe is a quick pressure cooker version of my Creamy Chicken and Rice that is like what I grew up with my mom making. I love that I can make it faster, easier, and healthier with the help of O Organics and my pressure cooker.
If you have a sous vide, these Sous Vide Chicken Thighs are a must try. Such a great way to cook them!
More Great Chicken Dinner Recipes
- One Pot Chicken Spinach Alfredo
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Smoked Chicken Breast
- Easy Cashew Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- Heat Instant Pot using the Saute function.
- Drizzle oil into the base of the pot. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to hot oil and brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes, until nicely browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add butter and stir until it is melted. Add onions and mushrooms to the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes until they are starting to soften. Mix in garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, rice, thyme, oregano, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Gently arrange chicken on top of the rice mixture.
- Close and lock the lid. Switch Instant Pot to manual high pressure and cook for 9 minutes. Let it naturally release for 5 minutes, quick releasing to finish.
- Remove the chicken and fluff the rice with a fork. Top with a generous amount of parsley to serve.
Fresh Chicken Thighs
- Boneless - 9 minutes
- Bone-In - 11 minutes
Frozen Chicken Thighs
- Boneless - 11 minutes
- Bone-In - 13 minutes
Amount Per Serving Calories 346Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 156mgSodium 786mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 31g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!