The holidays are completely upon us, and I think we all have lists that are a mile long, and only a little bit of time to complete them. I think that all of my presents are wrapped, but I still have 2 cookies that I wanted to make. We have family here now, so I am trying to relax and actually enjoy the time together. I mean, what is the good of the holidays if all you do is stress and work like crazy, right?
We always have appetizers for lunch on Christmas day. It is nice after spending the morning opening presents, to have a few yummy snacks around. It makes for a more relaxing day, instead of having to open presents and then immediately start cooking. This way we get to have some food, play with our presents, and then start with the big meal later in the day. This enchilada dip will be making an appearance again on Wednesday at our house.
Beef enchilada dip is super easy to make, and you can even do most of the work ahead of time. It involves just a few simple ingredients, that you probably have on hand already. Ground beef (ground turkey or ground chicken would be perfect as well), an onion, enchilada sauce, and cheese. Seriously, browning the ground beef is the hardest part. I topped ours with a few other enchilada toppings; avocado, tomato, and sour cream. Feel free to leave it plain, or use your favorite toppings. The leftovers, if there are any, were really good too!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 (15 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Kraft® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Additional toppings if desired:
- Avocado , diced
- Tomato , diced
- Sour Cream
- Black Olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion together over medium high heat. Drain any of the fat away. Mix in enchilada sauce and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Pour into a pie plate, or other oven safe baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately topped with desired toppings.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.