Philly Cheesesteak Dip – the classic sandwich turned in an ooey, gooey, cheesy dip. Great for game day, get togethers, or just because!
It doesn’t matter if it is game day or just a random Tuesday night, a warm and gooey cheese dip is a good idea! Most of the time you think of something like this White Queso for a cheese dip, but it can be so much more! Filled with peppers, onions and steak!
Philly Cheesesteaks are a very controversial thing. If you are from Philly you have a very strong opinion and anything with the title that isn’t perfect just isn’t right. But the rest of the world, literally every city but Philly has slightly different interpretations. Like mushrooms and peppers belong! And you can use the flavor to make a Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe among other things.
What You’ll Need for Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Skirt Steak
- Bell Pepper
- Provolone cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Start by slicing your steak into small pieces and finely chopping the onions and bell pepper.
- Saute the steak and veggies in a skillet until the veggies are soft and the meat is cooked.
- Stir in the milk and cream cheese until the cheese is melted and everything is smooth.
- Next you stir in the provolone and stir until it is melted. You could place in the oven to do this and get it a little browed on top instead.
- Keep the dip warm, and serve with cubes of bread.
The best provolone I have found is BelGioioso Mild Provolone. It is aged for at least 60 days, so it really has time to develop that flavor that other provolone’s don’t. I don’t want to sound like a commercial, but this stuff really is different!
Tips For Cheesesteak Dip
- I love mushrooms with a cheesesteak, it doesn’t matter if they are authentic or not. You can chop them up and add them to this dip.
- Make sure to cut your meat and veggies into small pieces. You want to be able to actually scoop them out of the dip.
- You can mix up the cheese if you want. To me a a cheesesteak is best with provolone, but you can use Cheddar, American or even Mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with cubed bread, pretzels, crackers, or even toasted baguette slices.
So if you are looking for a new appetizer to try, this is it! Cheesy and filled with chunks of tender steak….you really can’t beat it!
More Cheesy Appetizer Recipes
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Idaho Nachos
- Cheesy Green Olive Dip
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Barbecue Chicken Dip
- Cheesy Corn Dip
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- 3/4 pound skirt steak, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 8 slices (8 oz) provolone cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 loaf of bread, cubed (your favorite kind; Italian, French, Baguette etc.)
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Add steak, onions, and bell pepper to the pan. Saute until the steak is cooked and the veggies are soft. Using a spatula you can break the pieces of meat apart if necessary.
- Add milk to the pan and stir in the cream cheese until melted. Add provolone, and stir until everything is melted.
- Keep warm, and serve with cubes of bread
Amount Per Serving Calories 541Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 61mgSodium 1000mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 27g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
This post was sponsored via the NoshOn.it Publisher Partner Program by belGioioso Cheese, and, as always all opinions expressed are my own.