Cheddar Green Olive Dip – A creamy, cheesy, salty olive, dip that is great warm or cold.
It doesn’t matter it if is the middle of winter and it is football season or summer and grilling season; dips are a must all year round! It can be something like Artichoke Jalapeno Dip that you serve cold or warm or it can be this olive dip.
Dips are just essential when it comes to entertaining. And if they are easy to make, can be served hot or cold, and can be made ahead of time then you definitely have a winner!
This olive dip is just a few simple ingredients that you can mix together in just minutes! If you are a fan of green olives, you are going to love this! And be sure to try my Green Olive Cheese Bread for another way to use green olives.
The really nice this about this dip recipe is you can make it the day before and just have it sitting in the fridge waiting for you. Pretty much any green olive you have would work great in this dip as well. Plus if you want it to be gooey and melty, just warm it in the oven or a crock pot! This dip is going to disappear fast no matter how you serve it.
I have been making this olive dip recipe for years and it is always a hit at parties. The salty olives with the cheese just work! Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or even veggies work great.
How to Make Olive Dip
- Start by softening your cream cheese so it is easy to mix in. I like to use 1/3rd less fat cream cheese for this just to lighten it up a little. But you can use whatever you like.
- Mayo is called for in this recipe to make it creamy. If you don’t like mayo you can use sour cream in its place. You really just need something creamy to bring it all together.
- Coarsely chop your olives. You could not want them super fine, you want to have chunks that you can see and bit into.
- Mix the cheddar cheese, garlic, olives and everything else together. Once it is well combined you just put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
Want a healthy dipper for this cheddar green olive dip? These Fat Free Potato Chips would be great! And if you really want to go crazy with this olive dip, you could use both green and black olives! I know, that would be living on the edge, but it would also be delicious!
I am a sucker for the canned black olives and have been since I was a little girl. Only recently did I decide to give green olives a chance. And mixing them gives you the best of both worlds!
More Great Dip Recipes
- Best White Queso Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Cheesy Corn Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened (1/3 less fat is fine)
- 1/2 cup mayo, (I used light)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, , shredded
- 1 clove garlic, , grated
- 1 (7oz) jar STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Spanish Olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix until everything is evenly distributed. Pour into an air tight container. Let set for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Serve with crackers either hot or cold.
Amount Per Serving Calories 155Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 24mgSodium 193mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!