Hot Crab Dip Recipe – an easy and delicious cheesy dip that will be a hit and any party. A slightly spicy crab dip that is ready in minutes.
This post is sponsored by Walmart. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Appetizers are the best. In our house we can make a full meal out of our favorite appetizers and often do. And a warm, cheesy dip is one of the best ways to win my family over. This Baked Mexican Cheese Dip has been a staple in my husband’s side of the family for at least the last 30 years.
Whether it is the holiday season, with lots of parties happening. Or the middle of summer, and everyone is grilling out and having people over. Easy appetizers and snacks to serve at parties are a must! This hot crab dip recipe is a hit any time of year, and so is my Baked Goat Cheese Dip. Seriously cheese is pretty much the way to people heart.
Hot Crab Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Lump Crab Meat
- Lemon Juice
- Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Green Onions
This Cheesy Hot Crab Dip has 3 kinds of cheese in it, so you know it is going to be good. It is creamy and so good with the lumps of crab meat in there. You can use fresh lump crab meat or canned crab meat, whatever you have, can find, and afford works great.
How to Make Hot Crab Dip
- Start by mixing together the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo together until it is well blended and smooth. You can use a mixer for this step if your cream cheese is not soft enough, but if you soften it first a spatula should work just fine.
- Next stir in the Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Gently fold in the crab meat. You don’t want to be too rough and turn your crab into mush, so use a spatula and just be nice as you mix it together.
- Spread the dip into a baking dish and then top with the rest of the cheese. Bake until it is hot and bubbly and the cheese on top is golden.
- Once it is out of the oven you can garnish with a few green onions and then just let it cool slightly before serving.
What to Serve With Crab Dip
- Tortilla Chips
- Ritz Crackers
What Is Lump Crab Meat
You can find lump crab meat in a can. It is blend of broken pieces of jumbo lump and a special grade of crab meat. It is great in dips, salads, and thing like crab cakes.
Can I Use Fresh Crab Meat
Yep, you definitely can. It is usually more expensive, and not all stores carry it. You can usually find it in a plastic container in the meat and seafood area of the grocery store. It is already steamed and cooked for you, so you just need to break it up a little before adding it to a recipe.
What Can I Use Instead Of Crab
Many people want to make this dip, but for whatever reason don’t want to use crab. That is totally fine, there are a few other options you could try!
I have heard from one reader who used smoked salmon as well and loved it. So if you have a shellfish allergy, or want something more budget friendly, check out the above choices.
So whether you are getting ready for a holiday party or just need a delicious dip for the weekend. This Hot Crab Dip will be a huge hit! You can mix it up and have it in the fridge, so you just need to bake when it is ready to serve. Super easy and great to make ahead for parties.
More Great Dip Recipes
- White Queso Dip
- Hot Artichoke Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- Easy Taco Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Cheddar Green Olive Dip
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 Tbls lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, , for topping
- 1 Tbls sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, mayo and sour cream. Stir in Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper until well combined. Fold in crab meat.
- Pour into a 1 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until bubbly and hot.
- Remove from the oven and top with green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crostini
Amount Per Serving Calories 271Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 92mgSodium 708mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 17g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
**This post is sponsored by Walmart. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.