Grasshopper Brownies – fudgy brownies with minty butter cream frosting and topped with a chocolate ganache.
Brownies are one of my favorite things ever. I have almost 40 homemade brownies recipes on the blog, so it should come as no surprise if you have visited before. And the fudgier the better! These Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies might be my all time favorite.
People tend to associate chocolate and mint with either Christmas or St. Patrick’s Day. But they are totally wrong, it should be enjoyed all year round! No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Pie is perfect in the summer when you don’t want to heat up the house.
I have been making the same Easy Homemade Brownies Recipe since I was a little girl. The only bigger brownie fan in the world might be my dad. And that is just a maybe, we are pretty much neck and neck for our obsession. I grew up making this same fudgy brownie recipe almost every weekend. We topped with chocolate frosting, but today I am taking the up a notch with mint and a chocolate ganach! Because if you are making brownies from scratch, why not go all out!
The key to fudgy brownies requires a couple things. Plenty of eggs, not a ton of flour and vegetable oil in place of butter. That way you get rich, chocolatey, fudgy brownies that aren’t greasy. I use Crisco 100% Pure Vegetable Oil for reliable great results every time. I am excited to be a partner with Crisco this year. Check out the Meatball Sub Egg Rolls I made last time.
To make these brownies fit for the holidays, I topped with with mint buttercream, similar to these Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies. Then a rich chocolate ganache. I like my ganache to stay kind of gooey, not get hard and separate from the frosting. So I like to use equal parts of heavy cream to chocolate. But if you like yours to solidify more, then you can use more chocolate.
So mix up your holiday baking these year and add these Grasshopper Brownies to the list, trust me everyone will love you for it!
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate , melted
- 1/3 cup Crisco 100% Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 3 Tbls milk
- green food coloring
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix together melted chocolate and vegetable oil until smooth. Add eggs and sugar, and mix until well combined. Fold in flour, baking powder and salt Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a tooth pick comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together the buttercream.
- In a bowl mix together butter, sugar, mint extract and milk until you get the desired consistency. Add more sugar or milk if necessary. Add a few drops of green food coloring, mix until you get the desired color.
- Frost cooled brownies.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate and heavy cream for 45 seconds. Stir until smooth and well combined. Pour over frosting.
- Chill brownies until the chocolate sets. Slice to serve.
**I am a Crisco Preferred Partner and was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.