Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza – A dessert pizza with a chocolate chip cookie base. Topped with all your favorite chocolate candies for an over the top, but super simple dessert!
I am kind of a chocolate lover to the core. The more chocolate the better. These Chocolate Lava Cakes have my name all over them. That warm and gooey chocolate is just absolute heaven in my world. So when I made this cookie pizza I loaded it up with my favorite chocolate candies as well as frosting to make it a chocolate lover’s dream.
Making a dessert pizza is just a fun way to have dessert. I mean everyone gets excited when they hear that pizza is for dinner. So they will even more excited when they hear a cookie pizza is what is for dessert. If you really want all the chocolate don’t miss this Brownie Pizza that is topped with different chocolate and peanut butter candy, for a chocolate and peanut butter lover’s dream. You really can mix up the toppings with whatever you want, so don’t worry if peanut butter isn’t your thing!
Dessert Pizza Topping Ideas
- Reese’s Pieces
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey Bar
- Kit Kat
- Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Oreos
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
- Cookie Base – You can use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, I like my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies for this. Or you can use store bought dough. You really only need about half a batch of dough, so you can freeze the rest or bake them into cookies right away.
- Bake – I like to use a 9 inch spring form pan for this recipe, but you can use a pie plate, a cake pan or even a pizza pan. Just press the dough into to pan and bake. You want the dough to be just barely set when you take it out of the oven. It will continue to cook in the pan as it cools, so you don’t want to over bake it in the oven or it will be dry.
- Pizza Toppings – Let the pizza cool completely and then just start topping! I like to spread a layer of chocolate frosting over the top and then press the candies into the frosting. It helps everything stick together well. If you don’t use frosting sprinkle the toppings over immediately and they will start to melt and stick to the base that way.
You really can use whatever your favorite cookie and toppings for a dessert pizza. Use a sugar cookie base with vanilla frosting and top with fruit. Or leave it plain and serve topping with a scoop of ice cream and hot fudge. The possibilities are endless with this idea.
So if you are looking for a fun new dessert to try, this is it. Mix it up with whatever your favorite toppings are to make it exactly what your family enjoys. It is great to bring to a potluck or just make this weekend.
- Homemade Brownies
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Soft Double Chocolate Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Brownie Skillet
- Nutella Skillet Cookie
- Hot Fudge Crock Pot Brownies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 1 1/2 cup candies, chopped
- In a stand mixer cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix until everything is combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press about half of the dough into a 9 inch spring form pan, cake pan, pie plate, or pizza pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are golden brown and the center is just set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Spread frosting in an even layer and sprinkle with candies.
Candy Ideas - Peanut Butter Cups, M&M's, Chocolate Bar, Reese's Pieces, Rolo etc.
You will only use about half the cookie dough. Freeze the rest or bake into cookies
Amount Per ServingCalories 427Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 28mgSodium 226mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 1gSugar 49gProtein 3g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!