Easy Homemade Brownies Recipe – an easy one bowl brownie recipe that are super fudgy, chocolately, and delicious!
I think we all have those recipes from childhood that we will never forget. I know I have more than one, but these homemade brownies are definitely one of them.
The other dessert one would be Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have had both of those recipes memorized since I was probably 10 years old. They were just a staple in our house. And I can not believe it has taken me over 6 years to share JUST this base recipe. And not it as part of another recipe. Sorry about that.
I grew up always making brownies from scratch. I don’t think I knew they sold box mixes until I was in college and did the grocery shopping on my own. The brownies I grew up making were just so easy, I never even thought twice about it.
Brownies are pretty much my ultimate weakness. I think I have over 40 different kinds of brownies on the blog, and almost all of them use these homemade brownies as a base. Grasshopper Brownies just have extras on top, same base.
Even these Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies use the same base. So many different things you can do, once you find a base recipe you love. But growing up, it was just plain chocolate frosting on top. Nothing extra or special, just frosting.
And you will notice, no nuts. I am not a huge fan of nuts in my dessert. Nuts on their own are fine, but I don’t want them in my chocolate. But if you are a nut person, go ahead and add them. My mom often added a few to half the pan for herself.
So stop buying those box mixes and give these one bowl brownies a shot. Seriously, just a handful of ingredients, it may take you 3 minutes longer than the mix. But they are so worth it!!
Here are a few of my favorite kitchen items used to make this recipe
- Rubber Spatula – Nothing like being able to scrape any type of bowl clean without scratching it up. Don’t forget one of these babies to get every last bit out of your bowl.
- 8 inch baking pan – a metal, non stick baking pan is essential for baking brownies and bars. Love this one, and it cleans up super easy.
- Mixing Bowls: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes has been an essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of the durability.
- Measuring Cups – nothing beats a good set of measuring cups that last a long time. I love metal measuring cups because of their durability.
Easy Homemade Brownies Recipe - an easy one bowl brownie recipe that are super fudgy, chocolately, and delicious!
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 inch baking dish. Or line with foil, and spray with non-stick spray..
In a bowl combine melted chocolate with canola oil. Add sugar, and eggs. Mix until well combined. Stir in flour and salt.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean.
Allow the brownies to cool completely, then top with your favorite chocolate frosting.