S’mores Brownies – Rich, fudgy homemade brownies on a graham cracker crust topped with toasted marshmallows and bits of chocolate!
You can definitely make these s’mores brownies using a brownie mix if you want, but there is just something about brownies from scratch that make them special. Homemade brownies are just a handful of ingredients to make, so almost as easy as the box mix.
These S’mores Cookie Bars are always a huge hit, so I decided to take the same idea, and make them with brownies. Rich, fudgy brownies on top of a graham cracker crust, that are then topped with toasted marshmallows, and more chocolate. It is seriously like heaven in every bite.
S’mores desserts always seem to win people over. S’mores Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are definitely chocolate-y and cure all those chocolate cravings. Chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows together just make for a tasty treat.
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIES
- Butter vs vegetable oil – really either works, it depends on the recipe. I usually use oil, but have a couple recipes with butter. Butter can be a little more greasy if you use too much. And it gives it a slightly different flavor. But both work and taste great.
- Cocoa powder vs melted chocolate – again both work. You can even look at the back of your cocoa powder container to see what the substitution is. So if you don’t have one, you can definitely substitute the other.
- Use a spatula – you do not need an electric mixer for brownies, just a bowl and a spatula.
- Pans – I like a metal baking pan for baking brownies. Glass works, but I think the texture is different. I don’t get the same edges when I used glass.
Often times s’mores are reserved for the summer, because you need it to be nice out to have a fire. But these brownies make it so you can have them any time of the year. Bring them to your Memorial Day get together, or make for Valentine’s Day, or make them just because you want a gooey and chocolate-y dessert!
If you have a chocolate lover in your life, you need to make these s’mores brownies for them. They will forever be in your debt. I mean just look at that gooey, fudgy brownie!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 3/4 cup graham crackers, , crushed
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 3 Tbls butter, , melted
- 3/4 cup butter, , melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 2 Hershey candy bars, , broken in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the brownie batter. Mix together melted butter and cocoa powder. Add sugar and eggs, and mix until well combined. Mix in flour and salt until everything is well blended. Pour over baked graham cracker crust.
- Return to the oven and bake fro 30-35 minutes, until brownies are almost fully cooked. Remove from oven and turn on the broiler.
- Top the brownies with marshmallows and broken pieces of candy. Return to the oven, and heat until marshmallows are golden brown (2-3 minutes). Watch carefully.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Serving Size12 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 389 Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 86mg Sodium 283mg Carbohydrates 51g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 37g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 5g