S’mores Brownies – Rich, fudgy brownies on a graham cracker crust topped with toasted marshmallows and bits of chocolate!
The temperatures are finally starting to cool off in Colorado, at least for the next week. It was 95 degrees yesterday, so you really never know. But I am taking advantage of the 70 degree temps, and turning on the oven to do some baking. Are you ready for apples and pumpkin? I am craving apples, cinnamon, and the flavors of fall. As soon as the calendar changes to September, I am ready for summer to be over and to move on. Fall is my favorite season. The colors, the temperatures, and the foods; I just love it all!
Before we dive into apples and pumpkin around here though, I have an over the top fudgy brownie I want to share with you. Summer may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy s’mores for a little while longer. Just enjoy them in a different form; S’mores Brownies!!!! Seriously, these might be one of the best brownies I have ever made. I think my 9 year old might agree, he absolutely loved these brownies. I sent most of them to my husband’s work, and I am still hearing about it from my son. I am pretty sure these s’mores brownies are going to have to happen again soon at my house.
These S’mores Cookie Bars are always a huge hit, so I decided to take the same idea, and make them with brownies. Rich, fudgy brownies on top of a graham cracker crust, that are then topped with toasted marshmallows, and more chocolate. It is seriously like heaven in every bite. If you have a chocolate lover in your life, you need to make these s’mores brownies for them. They will forever be in your debt 🙂
- 3/4 cup graham crackers , crushed
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 3 Tbls butter , melted
- 3/4 cup butter , melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 2 Hershey candy bars , broken in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the brownie batter. Mix together melted butter and cocoa powder. Add sugar and eggs, and mix until well combined. Mix in flour and salt until everything is well blended. Pour over baked graham cracker crust.
- Return to the oven and bake fro 30-35 minutes, until brownies are almost fully cooked. Remove from oven and turn on the broiler.
- Top the brownies with marshmallows and broken pieces of candy. Return to the oven, and heat until marshmallows are golden brown (2-3 minutes). Watch carefully.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely before slicing.