Chocolate Toffee Bars – crispy toffee flavored bars topped with chocolate and lots of bits of toffee. Just 6 ingredients, and so easy to make!
There are a few flavors that I am obsessed with during the holidays. Anything Peppermint; I put together 19 of my favorite peppermint recipes all in one place. Chocolate and peanut butter is a favorite all year round, but for the holidays we have Reese’s Fudge and Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls. And then Toffee is another. I have been making these Heath Toffee Bars for years.
And you can’t forget about Chocolate Saltine Toffee. That is a must, and so easy. So why not add more toffee recipes to my holiday baking, because I know we will love them!
These Chocolate Toffee Bars are so darn easy to make. You mix together 5 ingredients and then bake until crispy. This layer is kind of a cross between shortbread and toffee. So buttery and delicious. Then when it is hot out of the oven you sprinkle on the chocolate! What is toffee without chocolate, right?
How to Make Toffee Bars
- The butter, brown sugar, and egg get mixed together until it is light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour and vanilla until it is well combined.
- Press into a greased pan until it is an even layer. Then just bake until the edges are golden.
- Once it is baked immediately sprinkle over the chocolate chip and place back in the oven (it should be turned off) and let it sit for 5 minutes for the chocolate to get soft.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the bars and then sprinkle with your toppings.
- Let the bars sit at room temperature for a couple of hours until the chocolate is set or place in the fridge if you are in a hurry.
What to Top Toffee Bars With
- Crushed toffee pieces
- Chopped Pecans
- Festive Sprinkles
The hardest part is that you have to wait for the chocolate to set before you can slice them into bars. It is like hours of torture. You can put them in the fridge to harden if you want, just let them come back closer to room temperature to slice, or you will get cracks and not pretty bars.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Graham Cracker Toffee
- Brown Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gooey Brownie Pie
- Monster Cookie No Bake Bars
- Butterscotch Blondies
- No Bake Avalanche Cookies
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat together butter, brown sugar, and egg yolk until light and fluffy. Add in flour and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Press into a greased half sheet pan or a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the bars.
- Let sit for 5-7 minutes (or return to the oven for 2-3 minutes) until the chocolate is shiny. Gently spread melted chocolate into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits
- Let the chocolate set before slicing into bars
You can add chopped pecans in place of toffee or use both! Recipe very slightly adapted from Glitter and Goulash
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 35mgSodium 76mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 0gSugar 14gProtein 1g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!