Chocolate Saltine Toffee – The perfect addition to your Christmas baking. Saltine cracker toffee is ready quickly, is easy to make and everyone loves it!
Do you need a last minute holiday treat? Or something for a cookie exchange, teacher gift, something for the mail man? Well, this saltine cracker toffee is exactly what you need. It is easy, pretty, and everyone loves it! And you can pretty much make it any time of year and just change up the sprinkles. Why should Christmas get all the fun?
Chocolate peanut butter balls are one of my all time favorite treats, but this saltine toffee is down right addicting. Which is why it is also known as Christmas crack.
I have been wanting to make this saltine toffee for years. I am not sure why I never did it. Last year at a cookie exchange someone made it, and it disappeared very quickly. I knew it was something I had to make this year. I am kind of obsessed with making candy this year; Gingerbread Truffles, White Chocolate Coconut Truffles, and Sugar Cookie Fudge to start with. So this toffee fits right in!
There is still room for the classics like Frosted Sugar Cookies, those are a must in our house every year. It is the recipe that my husband grew up with, and is still our favorite today.
I have actually made it twice already, and I am sure I will make it again before Christmas gets here! My son only got to try one piece the first time, so he was begging me to make it again. When we were home for Thanksgiving, I decided to make it for our family.
One night when we had my aunts and uncles over, I brought this out to serve. It was pretty much gone by the time everyone left. The chocolate, sweet crunchy toffee, and the crispy crackers make for simple, but delicious holiday treat. This Christmas crack recipe uses saltine crackers, but I have also tried it with graham crackers and it is delicious!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles or M&M's
- Line an 11x17 baking sheet with the saltine crackers. Place in a single layer. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 3 minutes, not stirring.
- Pour mixture over the crackers. Quickly spread, so it covers all of the crackers.
- Place in the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over toffee. Place back in the oven (oven heat turned off), for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using an off set spatula spread the melted chocolate evenly over the toffee. Sprinkle immediately with sprinkles or M&M's.
- Let harden completely before slicing.
- Store in an air tight container.
Recipe from I Heart Nap Time
Amount Per ServingCalories 78 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 14mg Sodium 44mg Carbohydrates 7g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 6g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 0g