Apple Spice Cupcakes – Classic spice cake with apples and topped with a cinnamon brown sugar frosting. The perfect apple cupcakes for fall!
I think that fall is my favorite season. I love when the weather starts to cool down after a hot summer. Plus apple treats are are some of my favorite, so that helps as well!
Apple Cider Donuts are a must every year! There is just something about going apple picking, getting fresh cider and turning it into countless treats.
When I was growing up these Apple Bars were a must every year. My grandma used to make multiple sheet pans of them when the whole family would get together. They were always such a hit, everyone devoured them so fast!
Now I like to mix it up with all sorts of different apple desserts. The Apple Blondies are one of my favorite. There is just something about brown sugar and apples together. Which is why I love this brown sugar frosting so much on these apple cupcakes.
I am a choc-aholic to the core, Homemade Brownies are usually my thing. But this apple cupcake recipe is sure to convert just about anyone! These apple cider cupcakes were so darn good, I could not stay out of them. Plus, I am all for mini desserts, because then you don’t have to share.
If you have extra apple cider you can even turn it into a fun cocktail! This Apple Cider Moscow Mule is a fun drink you can enjoy while snacking on these apple cider cupcakes.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Apple Spice Cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apple cider/juice
- 1 cup apples, , shredded
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbls milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin or 24 cup mini muffin tin with liners.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the apple juice until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded apple.
- Fill muffin cups. For mini cupcakes bake for about 12 minutes. For full size cupcakes bake for 18-20 minutes. A tester should come out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting. Mix together all of the ingredients until flight and fluffy. Adjust the milk and powdered sugar if necessary to get to the desired texture.