Today I am here with a few other ladies to celebrate Lauren from Keep It Sweet Desserts. Lauren is having a baby!! A baby boy! As a mom to a boy, I know how much fun little boys can be. I am super happy for Lauren. She is super sweet and always there to help. A couple years ago Lauren quit her full time job and opened her own on-line bakery. I have tasted a few of her cookies and brownies. It is no wonder she is so successful, they were amazing! So join me today as we have a virtual baby shower for Lauren.
Audra from The Baker Chick planned this virtual baby shower, and thought it would be fitting if everything was mini! Sweet or savory, everything is perfectly cute and mini. I am slightly obsessed with all things apple lately, so I made these adorable little apple spice cupcakes that I topped with a brown sugar cinnamon frosting. If you have been around for awhile, you might recognize that frosting from these Apple Blondies. It is just perfect for topping fall desserts.
My family doesn’t love apples in desserts. Apple Bars, apple pie, apple crisp etc. They don’t get near them. So I was super excited when I made these apple spice cupcakes and they ate them! The apples are shredded, so I know that helped. To be honest, I wasn’t prepared to actually love these. I am a choc-aholic to the core, so I thought I would like these, but that was it. Boy was I wrong! These apple spice cupcakes were so darn good, I could not stay out of them. I am all for mini desserts, because then you don’t have to share. But I used the mini excuse far too much! I quickly sent what was left to work with my husband, and they disappeared very quickly! You will definitely want to add these to your baking list this fall!
- e!Apple Spice Cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apple cider/juice
- 1 cup apples , shredded
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbls milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin or 24 cup mini muffin tin with liners.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the apple juice until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded apple.
- Fill muffin cups. For mini cupcakes bake for about 12 minutes. For full size cupcakes bake for 18-20 minutes. A tester should come out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting. Mix together all of the ingredients until flight and fluffy. Adjust the milk and powdered sugar if necessary to get to the desired texture.
Check out the others who celebrating with Lauren today!
Mini Pumpkin Layer Cakes from The Baker Chick
Mini Apple Spice Cupcakes from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Mini Nutella Brownies from The Cooking Actress
Mini Iced Oatmeal Cookie Apple Pies from Girl Versus Dough
Pickles in a Blanket from The Lemon Bowl
Mini No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes from Bake or Break
Mini Cookie Cocktail (and Mocktail!) from We Are Not Martha
Mini Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fondant Cakes from London Bakes
Double Decker Birthday Cake Blondie Bites from Baker By Nature
Mini Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes from Eats Well With Others
Roasted Caprese Stack with Peaches from Warm Vanilla Sugar
Crunchy Cookie Butter M&M Bars from The Avid Appetite
Mini Pumpkin Streusel Pies from Espresso and Cream