Caramel Layer Bars – rich and chocolate brownie filled with chocolate chips and gooey caramel. You will not be able to stay away from them!
- 14 oz caramels, unwrapped
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup evaportated milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spary a 13x9 inch baking sheet with non-stick spray, or line with foil.
- Melt caramel and 2/3 cup evaporated milk, let cool slightly.
- Combine Cake mix, ¾ cup butter, and 1/3 cup milk. Mix well. Put half of mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread caramel mixture of the chocolate chips.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the caramel.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Amount Per ServingCalories 177 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 21mg Sodium 102mg Carbohydrates 20g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 17g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g