Caramel Layer Bars – rich and chocolate brownie filled with chocolate chips and gooey caramel. You will not be able to stay away from them!
Caramel Layer Bars - rich and chocolate brownie filled with chocolate chips and gooey caramel. You will not be able to stay away from them!
- 14 oz caramels unwrapped
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup evaportated milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spary a 13x9 inch baking sheet with non-stick spray, or line with foil.
- Melt caramel and 2/3 cup evaporated milk, let cool slightly.
- Combine Cake mix, ¾ cup butter, and 1/3 cup milk. Mix well. Put half of mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread caramel mixture of the chocolate chips.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the caramel.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.