Apple Crisp Cheesecake – the perfect decadent dessert for fall! A brown sugar cheesecake loaded with cinnamon spiced apples and topped with a crunchy streusel topping.
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
As soon as fall arrives, I want to make everything with apples. Each year there are a couple things that are an absolute must. I grew up with my grandma having Apple Bars at her house every time we would visit. And now as an adult, this Apple Cider Cocktail is required for fall weekends.
And now we are combining two favorites to make this over the top, delicious, decadent and perfect for fall dessert!
Click HERE to get the full recipe
Apple Crisp Cheesecake
This cheesecake starts with a graham cracker crust and then is layered with lots of cinnamon flavored apples. The cheesecake is made with brown sugar and cinnamon to give it even more fall flavor. Plus it has a cinnamon streusel topping to make it more like the apple crisp you know and love.
I love this drizzled with caramel sauce and whipped cream the perfect bite. It is a show stopping dessert your guests and family will go crazy for!
What’s In Apple Crisp Cheesecake
- Graham Crackers
- Cream Cheese
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Quick Cooking Oats
How To Make Apple Crisp Cheesecake
This basically has 4 different parts to make. They are all easy enough to make, it just takes a little bit of time to get them all ready.
- The first step is to make the crust. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until it is like wet sand. Press into a 9 inch spring form pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside while you make the rest.
- Next up is to chop up the apples. Peel and finely chop the apples and then mix together with brown sugar and cinnamon to evenly coat them. Pour into the baked crust.
- To make the cheesecake beat cream cheese in an electric mixer until it is creamy. Add in brown sugar and beat until it is very smooth and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon and flour until just combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated before each addition. Make sure to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over the apples, and spread into an evenly layer.
- Finally make the streusel topping. Mix together all of the ingredients together until is well blended. Sprinkle over the top of the cheesecake.
Baking Cheesecake In A Water Bath
You will want to bake the cheesecake in a water bath. This helps to make sure it is evenly cooked and stays nice and creamy. Normally it really helps to prevent cracking, which because of the streusel topping isn’t as big of a deal with this cheesecake. But it still helps to make sure your cheesecake is perfect every time.
- Wrap spring form pan with 2-3 layers of foil so no water leaks into the pan.
- Place in a large roasting pan and pour water at least 1 inch up the side of the spring form pan.
- Bake cheesecake for 60 minutes until the edges seem set. The center will still be slightly jiggly.
- Leave the oven closed, turn off the heat, and leave the cheesecake in there for 60 more minutes. This will gently finish cooking the cheesecake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely to room temperature. Place in the fridge for at least 6 hours until it is completely chilled.
Which Apple Is Best For Baking
You really can use whatever you have in this recipe. Normally I like to use a mix of apples when baking, but with this recipe anything works. Gala and Braeburn are great if you like them a little sweeter. Granny Smith is a little tarter and can balance out the flavor more.
To serve apple crisp cheesecake you can drizzle with just a little bit of caramel and a dollop of whipped cream to make it over the top amazing!
More Tasty Apple Recipes
- Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- Blonde Apple Brownies
- Apple Pie Bread
- Apple Smoothie
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Apple Turnovers
- Apple Cider Donuts
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Apple Crisp Cheesecake to get the FULL recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!