This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
Apple Smoothie – Get all the taste of fall in this apple smoothie! Apples and cinnamon come together in this filling and delicious drink.
A smoothie is a great way to start the day, but I want it to be good for me, and not just empty calories. I love this apple smoothie because there is almond butter and oats to fill you up, the apple makes it sweet and full of good for your nutrients, and it just tastes great.
Remember this Creamy Beef Pasta that talked all about Safeway and their O Organics® line? Well I am back to talk even more about it. Recently my family decided we should try to go one day a week that was plant-based.
O Organics® and Open Nature® brands have extensive lines of “better for you” plant-based products including non-dairy milk alternatives, nut butters, frozen ingredients, meal solutions, and desserts. I love that they offer plant-based products that are budget-friendly, and have high protein alternatives to meat without sacrificing quality or flavor.
So coming up with new recipes to try with high quality ingredients just got easier!
Today we are making a high protein delicious healthy apple smoothie that is the perfect way to start the day!
What’s In An Apple Smoothie
- Almond Milk
- Almond Butter
- Vanilla Protein Powder
To ensure that this is a plant-based smoothie I am using Open Nature plant-based vanilla protein powder, almond butter, and O Organics almond milk. O Organics® and Open Nature® offer high-quality plant-based products available at a value in the Denver area exclusively at Safeway stores.
How To Make An Apple Smoothie
- Start by adding all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Turn it on and blend until smooth.
- I like to use frozen bananas when making smoothies. It cuts down on the amount of ice you add. If you have bananas that are over ripe, break them in half and put them in a food storage bag in the freezer. So it is easy to grab one when you are ready to make smoothies.
- If you are using a high powdered blender leave the skin on your apple. There are nutrients there you don’t want to miss out on. But if you don’t have a high powdered blender, it may not blend it quite smooth enough, so you may want to remove the skin.
- I like to add just a little bit of ice to make the smoothie extra thick and delicious. Most of the time I use frozen fruit to accomplish this, but with a fresh apple it is best to add just a handful of ice.
So if you are looking for a delicious and healthy way to start the day, look no further! This apple smoothie tastes like apple pie in a glass, only it is plant-based, and good for you!
I shopped at Safeway in my local area, but you can also find O Organics® and Open Nature® plant-based products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, and Tom Thumb.
More Great Smoothie Recipes
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Kiwi Spinach Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Tropical Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small handful ice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and serve immediately
Amount Per ServingCalories 230Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 3mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 6gSugar 16gProtein 16g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!