Apple Smoothie – Get all the taste of fall in this apple smoothie! Apples and cinnamon come together in this filling and delicious drink.
A smoothie is a great way to start the day, but I want it to be good for me, and not just empty calories. I love this apple smoothie because there is almond butter and oats to fill you up, the apple makes it sweet and full of good for your nutrients, and it just tastes great.
A high protein delicious healthy apple smoothie that is the perfect way to start the day! Smoothies are one of those things that you can make as healthy or an unhealthy as you want. You can add juices, sweeteners and other things that will make it more of a treat. Or you can add spinach and other high protein and fiber things, like this Mixed Berry Smoothie, that will keep you full and satisfied.
What’s In An Apple Smoothie
- Almond Milk
- Almond Butter
- Vanilla Protein Powder
How To Make An Apple Smoothie
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for the FULL PRINTABLE recipe card.
- Start by adding all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Turn it on and blend until smooth.
Smoothies have to be one of the simplest things to make. You really just add things to a blender and process until smooth!
- I like to use frozen bananas when making smoothies. It cuts down on the amount of ice you add. If you have bananas that are over ripe, break them in half and put them in a food storage bag in the freezer. So it is easy to grab one when you are ready to make smoothies.
- If you are using a high powdered blender leave the skin on your apple. There are nutrients there you don’t want to miss out on. But if you don’t have a high powdered blender, it may not blend it quite smooth enough, so you may want to remove the skin.
- I like to add just a little bit of ice to make the smoothie extra thick and delicious. Most of the time I use frozen fruit to accomplish this, but with a fresh apple it is best to add just a handful of ice.
What Protein Powder To Use
For this I like to use a vanilla protein powder, so it doesn’t interfere with the apple flavor. There are a million different powders out there that get their protein from different sources. I prefer to use a Whey Protein, it just works well with my stomach and I like the taste of them.
Quest Protein Powder is one of my favorites. Or I will sometimes use Premier Protein Powder. You really can use whatever you like.
What Can I Use Instead Of Almond Butter
I like the flavor of almond butter with the apple, that is why I used it there. But you can use peanut butter, cashew butter, sun butter, wow butter or anything that you like instead. You could even use powdered peanut butter if you were trying to save calories.
Why Almond Milk?
I like to use almond milk in smoothies simply because of the taste and it is less calories that other milks. But you really can use any type of milk you want. You could even use water in this. You need something liquid to get the smoothie to blend well. So use whatever you have and like.
More Great Smoothie Recipes
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Chocolate Oatmeal
- Blender Muffins
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Sous Vide Egg Bites
- Bran Muffins
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small handful ice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and serve immediately
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 3mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 6gSugar 16gProtein 16g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook,and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can
share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and
tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you
never miss a post!