Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is rich, creamy, and a healthy way to start the day! Who doesn’t want to start their day with chocolate and not feel guilty about it?
If I had my way I would have chocolate for breakfast every day of the week. And for a snack, and for dessert probably twice a day. I am a total choco-holic!
Obviously chocolate all day every day isn’t a good idea, but when you can have a healthy chocolate smoothie for breakfast, then I am all for it!
I really like a good smoothie for breakfast, but it has to be filling. Most of the time smoothies are full of fruit that is good for you, but those calories add up fast. For this healthy chocolate peanut butter smoothie we have Greek yogurt, protein powder, and peanut butter.
So not only is this filling, but it is good for you and tastes like a peanut butter cup. Talk about a winning combination!
If you like chocolate and peanut butter together you will have to check out these Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Blender Muffins. They are naturally gluten free and don’t have any added refined sugar. So they are a healthy muffin that I always have in my freezer.
I told you I will find a way to eat chocolate for breakfast!
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie could not be easier to make.
- Step 1 add all ingredients to blender
- Step 2 process until smooth
- Step 3 pour into a glass and drink.
I kind of feel like step 3 is optional, you really could just add your straw straight to the blender! But you get the point – ready in 5 minutes and so easy!
- Protein Powder – there are all kinds of protein powders out there, use one that you like. I have tried a bunch of them, and some taste great others not so much. So this is really personal preference.
- Yogurt – for smoothies I like to use Greek yogurt. If you don’t have it that is fine, but the Greek yogurt bumps up the protein and makes your smoothie even more creamy.
- Peanut Butter – If I have peanut butter powder I love to add it to smoothies. It saves on calories but gives you all the flavor. Creamy peanut butter works great though, and I use it often!
- Banana – frozen bananas really help a smoothie stay thick and creamy. Whenever I have bananas that are getting pretty ripe, I break then in half and put them in a bag in the freezer. So whenever I want to make smoothies, I can just take out what I need.
- Ice is optional. If you have frozen bananas it is not necessary. If you want it super thick then add a few cubes of ice.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Bran Muffins
- Breakfast Bowls with Chicken Sausage
- Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Kiwi & Spinach Smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is rich, creamy, and a healthy way to start the day! Who doesn't want to start their day with chocolate and not feel guilty about it?
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter powder, (or creamy peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup ice (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass to serve.
You can use any type of milk (skim, almond, oat, soy etc) for this recipe
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 306Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 18mgSodium 153mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 13gProtein 40g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Chocolate Protein Balls - May 31, 2023
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
- Bisquick Muffins - May 29, 2023
Wednesday 12th of May 2021
I have to watch my protein intake, so I wondered if I could substitute cocoa powder for the chocolate protein powder?
Wednesday 12th of May 2021
Cocoa powder is unsweetened, so it may be a little bitter. But you could add honey to sweeten it and just taste to see how much you need.
Wednesday 25th of July 2018
You seriously can't go wrong with peanut butter + chocolate. Especially if you can have it for breakfast!
Sandra | A Dash of Sanity
Saturday 21st of July 2018
Two of my all time favorites! This is definitely a must-make!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)
Thursday 19th of July 2018
I serioiusly think I'm in love with this smoothie. Fantastic flavors throughout.
Wednesday 18th of July 2018
Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. This would be a great start to the morning or to have as an afternoon treat!