Breakfast Bowls – a hearty and delicious way to start the day! Eggs topped with sausage, vegetables, cheese and anything your heart desires!
Starting the day off with a healthy and filling breakfast is important for me, or I am constantly hungry, snacking, and not making good choices. So finding something I enjoy is a must! I am usually a Peanut Butter Protein Bar kind of person, because I don’t love a lot of work.
But these breakfast bowls are so customizable and easy, they are on repeat at least once a week around here.
A breakfast bowl is really just anything you want to load into a bowl and call breakfast! They are so customizable, everyone is going to love them. You can use egg whites, whole eggs, turkey sausage, chicken sausage, vegetarian sausage, avocado, add cheese etc. Use WHATEVER you like!
What You’ll Need
- Eggs – for the picture I used egg whites, but you can use full eggs, egg beaters or even the vegan Just Egg if that is your thing.
- Vegetables – I like diced tomatoes and sautéed mushrooms because I usually have them on hand.
- Avocado – healthy fats are filling and great to add to your meal
- Sausage – Whatever sausage you like. I like chicken and turkey sausage and have the links in my freezer all the time, to just take out and use quickly.
This is just a very loose guide of what I put in mine, but you can really make it your own and use what you have in your fridge.
How To Make Breakfast Bowls
- Depending on what you are using get out a skillet and cook your sausage links with the mushrooms or other veggies (bell peppers, diced potatoes etc) that have a similar cooking time.
- Remove from the pan and chop up the sausage
- In a separate pan cook your scrambled eggs.
- Build a bowl by adding your cooked eggs, sausage and other vegetables and then top with whatever fresh ingredients (avocado, diced tomato, shredded cheese etc) that you like.
Make Breakfast Bowls Ahead
These are great for meal prep as well!! Make a big batch of eggs, cooked sausage and vegetables and then mix everything together in airtight containers. Store in the fridge for 4-5 days. In the morning take out a bowl, microwave for about 60 seconds (depends on the size) and top with whatever fresh toppings you like; avocado, diced tomatoes, sour cream etc.
What Else Can I Add To Breakfast Bowls
You can mix up these breakfast bowls any way you want. You can add some leftover veggies you have in your fridge, or whatever your favorites are.
- Bell Peppers
- Spinach – great to mix in with your eggs as they cook
- Shredded Cheese
- Diced Potatoes
- Use Other Meats – bacon, canadian bacon, diced ham
- Creative toppings – top with sour cream, guacamole, or your favorite salsa.
- Love a runny yolk? Use a sunny side up or fried egg instead of scrambled.
More Tasty Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Avocado Scrambled Eggs
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Chocolate Oatmeal Blender Muffins
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 3 egg whites
- 5 mushrooms , roughly chopped
- 4 grape tomatoes , chopped
- 1/2 avocado , diced
- 3 links breakfast chicken sausage
- In a small skillet cook sausage according to the package directions. Remove from pan, and chop.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and saute until golden brown. Return sausage to the pan.
- In a separate skillet scramble the egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put scrambled egg whites into a bowl. Top with sausage and mushrooms. Add tomatoes and avocado.
See blog post for different mix-ins, toppings, meats etc to use
Amount Per Serving Calories 318Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 39mgSodium 457mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 8gSugar 4gProtein 25g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!