Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole – Who doesn’t love pizza? Turn it into a pasta casserole you can make in your crock pot. Dinner the whole family will love!
Happy Friday!! So this is the weekend of the Lego Robotics state competition. The boys did really well at their qualifier in November, and they are excited and ready to show off tomorrow. They took all the feedback they received at the qualifier and expanded on their project, and added to their robot. So we will see how things go, but the boys are pretty confident about their team and how they will do. Should be a fun and exciting day!
Pizza night is kind of a staple. But why not mix it up with this slow cooker pizza casserole. You have all the flavors of pizza in an easy casserole. Plus, it comes together in the crock pot, so that makes it even easier! I have seen a lot of recipes pasta casseroles that are made in the slow cooker, and a lot of them have you cook the pasta ahead of time. To me that completely defeats the purpose. I want it all to cook together in one place. So I played around and came up with my version for slow cooker pizza casserole, where the pasta cooks in the slow cooker with everything else!
Now, before I get yelled at; I added sausage to my pizza casserole. So I did have to brown that ahead of time. But the sausage is completely optional. You can use whatever your favorite pizza toppings are for this slow cooker pizza casserole. If you like mushrooms and green peppers, just use them raw. They will cook and get soft in the slow cooker. Or use whatever other toppings you and your family enjoy! For us, that is sausage and pepperoni. If it were up to me I would throw in some mushrooms and black olives, but I can’t get the rest of the family to agree with me.
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, (I used chicken sausage)
- 1 onion, , finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1 pound pasta
- 3 (14 oz) jars pizza sauce
- 1 package pepperoni, (I used turkey pepperoni)
- 2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- In a large skillet brown Italian sausage, onion, and garlic together. (you can make the day ahead of time and place in the fridge)
- In slow cooker pour in 1/3 of the pasta. Top with 1 jar of pizza sauce, 1/3 of meat mixture, 1/3 of the cheese, and 1/3 of the pepperoni. Repeat with the rest o the ingredients. Pour 2/3 water over the casserole. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- My slow cooker is very fast, and it was done at 3 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 575Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 107mgSodium 870mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 37g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.