Pizza Quesadilla – Turn your favorite pizza into a quesadilla for a quick and easy dinner tonight! Fill with pepperoni, sausage, peppers, black olives, or whatever your favorite is!
If my family had their way we would have pizza night probably 3 times a week. They just love the crispy crust and melty cheese. Unfortunately for them, we don’t have pizza nearly as often as they like, so sometimes I have to mix things up and give them the flavors they want in a new form! This Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese is on regular rotation for lunch on the weekends. And now they can have this pizza quesadilla for dinner.
I love making quesadillas for dinner because everyone can get the exact fillings that they want. My husband loves bell peppers, so he can have plenty in his. I like mushrooms and black olives, so mine is loaded with those. Plus they are ready in no time, so it is great for busy nights when my son has track practice and tons of homework.
What is a Quesadilla
It is traditionally a Mexican inspired dish that is made with flour tortillas that are filled with plenty of cheese and sometimes meats, veggies and spices. It is then grilled until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy on the outside. It is often served with salsa or guacamole for dipping.
Even though quesadillas are traditionally Mexican, I like to mix it up the filling to make them different and keep everyone wanting more. Bacon Avocado Chicken Quesadillas are one of our favorite versions when I have avocado to use up. You really can fill them with just about anything!
This is an easy quesadilla recipe that is filled with all of your favorite pizza toppings. It is grilled until crispy and then served with pizza sauce for dipping.
- Flour Tortillas
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian Sausage
- Bell Peppers
Whatever else you want to add is totally up to you! Mushrooms, black olives, bacon, onions etc. You could even fill with ham and pineapple if that is your pizza of choice!
How to Make Pizza Quesadillas
- Start by spreading a thin layer of pizza sauce on one of the tortillas. You don’t want a ton because you want the cheese to hold everything together, just enough to give it the flavor and make sure it isn’t super dry in the middle.
- You want to add a layer of cheese directly on the sauce and then top with your favorite toppings. Italian sausage, pepperoni, and bell peppers is what I used.
- Top with more cheese. You cheese on both the top and the bottom so the melted cheese holds everything together and they don’t fall apart.
- To get the crispy crust on the tortilla you want to heat a little bit of vegetable oil in the skillet or griddle that you are using. Once you put the quesadilla in the pan brush the top with some more oil, so when you flip it, it will get toasty and delicious!
- Once the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crispy you are ready to eat. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping and dinner is done.
So if you are looking for a new easy dinner to try or your family just loves pizza as much as my guys do, these pizza quesadillas or “pizzadillas” as they are sometimes called is a must try. Super simple to make, on the table in minutes, and you really can customize each one without any extra work.
Other Pizza Inspired Recipes To Try
- Mexican Pizza
- Pizza Tater Tot Casserole
- Pepperoni Pizza Burger
- One Pan Pizza Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
- Pizza Pasta Skillet
- Brownie Pizza
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1 jar Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Fillings of Choice:
- 6 ounces Sliced Pepperoni
- 8 ounces Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Black Olives, sliced
- Green Peppers, diced
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Lay tortillas out and spread a thin layer of pizza sauce 4 of the tortillas. It will be about 2 Tbsp per tortilla.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of cheese over the sauce.
- Spread your favorite toppings evenly over the cheese. Top with an additional 1/4 cup of cheese and top with the remaining tortillas.
- Preheat a large skillet or grilled over medium high heat. Drizzle a little bit of oil in the pan and place the quesadilla on top, move the tortilla around to make sure it is covered in the oil. Brush the top with a little bit of the oil as well.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the bottom tortilla is crispy and the cheese is starting to melt. Carefully flip over and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until crispy and everything is melted.
- Remove from the pan and slice into wedges. Serve with additional warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving Calories 486Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 59mgSodium 986mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 20g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!