Air Fryer Quesadillas – a super quick and easy dinner you can make any night of the week. Super crispy quesadillas that you can fill with whatever you want come together in just minutes!
One dinner my family always likes is quesadillas. And part of the reason why, is because how versatile they are. You can fill them with just about anything, and everyone gets to make their own. They are our go-to when we have leftover Smoked Pork Butt!
And one trick I learned is how fast and crispy they get in the air fryer. I usually have an electric griddle that I bring out, but it takes a really long time to get the cheese all the way melted and the tortillas to really be crispy. The air fryer does it in just minutes!
This is one of those recipes that you will find yourself making over and over again. It is great for a quick last minute lunch as well.
What You’ll Need
That is really up to you! You can fill them with just about anything. But here is the base of what you need to get started.
- Tortillas – you can use flour or corn
- Cheese – I like to use cheddar, but based on your fillings you could use Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, Swiss or just about anything.
- Oil – you want to brush the tortillas with just a little bit of oil. Vegetable, Canola, Avocado, or Olive Oil are all good choices.
Then the fillings is where you can get creative.
- Protein – any leftover meat you have works great, rotisserie chicken, taco meat, or you can use tofu or beans to make it vegetarian.
- Vegetables – So many different options. Fajita Veggies is one of my favorites if you have them on hand. Or you can use diced tomatoes, black olive, jalapenos, onions, bell peppers etc. So many options.
What To Dip Quesadillas In
And you can dip them to make them even more exciting!
How To Make Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Start by arranging the tortillas in front of you on a cutting board or plate. Then load them up!
- Put a little bit of cheese over on half, and then layer your toppings over the cheese. Finish with just a little bit more cheese, so as it melts it gets “glued” together.
- Brush the outside of the tortillas with just a little bit of oil, and arrange in your air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your tortillas, you can probably fit 2 in there at a time.
- If you have and Instant Pot, and the little metal trivet that came it with, it is great to put on top of the tortillas, to help them stay closed. Depending on how full you got them, they do have a tendency to puff up and open a little. This isn’t necessary, it can just help a little.
- Cook at 400º for 5 minutes, then flip the quesadillas (you don’t need the trivet on the 2nd side) and cook for an additional 4 minutes until they are nice and golden and crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and slice them to serve.
What To Serve With Quesadillas
These Air Fryer quesadillas are such a simple dinner you can really make at anytime. You can mix up the flavors like this Chicken, Bacon Avocado Quesadilla or even go crazy with this Pizza Quesadilla. The options are endless, but the technique will be your go-to.
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 tortillas
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz cooked chicken or other protein
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Arrange tortillas in front of you on a cutting board or a plate
- Put a little bit of cheese over half of each tortilla. Layer whatever protein and veggies you are using over the cheese. Finish with just a little bit more cheese and fold the tortilla in half.
- Brush a little bit of oil over the outside of the tortilla and arrange in your air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400º for 5 minutes. Flip the quesadilla and cook for an additional 4 minutes until they are golden and crispy.
- Remove from air fryer and slice to serve.
If you have and Instant Pot, and the little metal trivet that came it with, it is great to put on top of the tortillas as it cooks on the first side, to help them stay closed. Depending on how full you get them, they do have a tendency to puff up and open a little. This isn't necessary, it can just help a little.
Amount Per Serving Calories 435Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 74mgSodium 421mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 0gProtein 35g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!