Chicken Quesadillas are a very versatile easy dinner to get on the table. Add bacon and avocado for a great weeknight dinner!
My family loves Mexican food in any way shape or form. It can be something a little more traditional like Flank Steak Tacos or something a little Americanized like these chicken quesadillas. We eat a lot of quesadillas at our house because they are such a great way to use up any leftover meat you have.
These quesadillas are filled with chicken, bacon, avocado, and cheese. So many great ingredients, you know these are going to be good!
How to Make Chicken Quesadillas
- You want to make sure that all of you ingredients are prepped and ready to go when you start. This means the cheese is shredded, the bacon is cooked and crumbled, the chicken is cooked and the avocado is diced. If you are adding onions, jalapenos or anything else have that cut up as well.
- Start by placing 1 tortilla on the counter and add a layer of cheese. You want cheese on the top and the bottom because it is the glue that will hold everything together.
- Next layer in all your toppings. Sprinkle the chicken, bacon, and avocado evenly over the layer of cheese.
- Top with more cheese and cover with the 2nd tortilla.
- Next you add the quesadilla to a hot skillet or griddle. I like to add a little bit of oil to the pan, to help crisp up the tortilla.
- Once the bottom of the tortilla is lightly browned, flip and cook for another few minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the tortillas are crisp.
- Cut into triangles and serve with salsa. This Easy Homemade Salsa is a favorite here!
Quesadillas are a favorite at our house. And they are so versatile, you can use whatever you have in your fridge. Leftover Chicken? Perfect. Leftover Taco Meat? Great. Just cheese and a few veggies? That works too. Really it is just a tortilla with cheese and whatever else you want to put in.
It doesn’t always have to be Mexican either. You could use breaded chicken, Mozzarella cheese, and dip it in marinara sauce. Or maybe chicken, carrots, onions, and dip it in a peanut satay sauce. They take minutes to prepare, and you can change it up to meet everyone’s tastes.
Chicken avocado quesadillas are going to quickly become a favorite. I like avocado with just about anything, so no surprise I added it in here. Avocado Hummus just happens to be my favorite because of the avocado.
So mix up your taco night with these easy quesadillas the whole family will love. Because let’s face it, if you add bacon you know the kids are going to be happy!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 tortillas, , small fajita size
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 avocado, , diced
- 2 strips bacon, , cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chicken, , cooked and diced
- Preheat a griddle or a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray. Place on tortilla down. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, bacon, avocado, chicken, and then the rest of the cheese. Cover with the other tortilla.
- Cook for a few minutes until the cheese starts to melt and the tortilla starts to brown. Flip quesadilla over. Cook until cheese is completely melted, and tortilla is crispy.
- You can cover the pan to help melt the cheese if needed.
- Serve with salsa.
Adapted from Kevin & Amanda