Pizza Pasta Skillet – turn pizza night into a 20 minute, super easy pasta dinner that everyone will go crazy for.
I love an easy dinner that I can get on the table fast. My family loves pizza night and would be happy to have it almost every night, but let’s face it, that isn’t an option. But we can turn those flavors into something else that we can have more often. Enter this pizza pasta that is ready in just minutes and you can make any night of the week! This Pizza Chicken is a delicious low carb option as well.
Pizza night is a regular occurrence in most families. It seems that most of the time though, pizza night involves picking up the phone and having it delivered. As easy as that is, pizza pasta skillet is ready even faster. Seriously, start to finish is 20 minutes! Unless you live next door to the pizza place, you aren’t getting delivery that fast. And I don’t know about your pizza, but whenever I get delivery; it is never hot and fresh when it arrives.
You can customize this pizza pasta with your favorite pizza toppings. I used pepperoni and sausage for this, but there are so many possibilities!
- Bell Peppers
- Black Olives
How to Make Pizza Pasta
- Cook Sausage – brown Italian sausage, and onions together until the sausage is cooked and the onions are tender. Be sure to drain any fat left in the pan.
- Cook Pasta – the pasta cooks in the pot with the tomato sauce, chicken broth and the sausage. Bring it all to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cook with the lid on until the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Top with Cheese – After the pasta is cooked top with cheese and cover until melted.
Tips for Pizza Pasta
- If you want to lighten this up you can use turkey sausage or even skip the meat. All veggies would be great! I like to use hot Italian sausage because we like things spicy, but mild is delicious.
- Any short cut pasta will work. I used bowtie pasta in this recipe, but rotini, penne or just about anything works well.
- You can use prepared marinara sauce in place of the tomato sauce and spices.
- Make sure the cover the pan as the pasta boils in the sauce. It will absorb the liquid as it cooks. Don’t worry if there is a little bit of liquid left when the pasta is cooked. Remove from the heat and let it rest for a couple minutes and it will thicken.
More One Pan Meals
- Sausage and Rice Skillet
- Cheesy Skillet Chili Mac
- One Pan Cajun Pasta
- Mexican Rice Skillet
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- One Pan Cheesy Sausage Pasta
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- 12 oz Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 ½ cups short cut pasta
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add Italian sausage and onions, breaking apart the sausage. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until cooked. Add garlic and pepperoni. Stir and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in tomato sauce, seasonings, pasta, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked.
- Sprinkle cheese over pasta. Cover and heat until melted.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per ServingCalories 523Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 72mgSodium 1551mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 27g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!