Chicken Parmesan pasta skillet – all the flavors of classic chicken Parmesan in a quick and easy one pan meal. Dinner tonight is sorted!
Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite dinners ever, especially to order at a restaurant. But it can be a process to make at home, especially if you want to do it right.
So here is a fun pasta skillet that gives you all the same flavors in a new and different way. Or you can go with this Chicken Parmesan Sandwich for another twist!
Getting dinner on the table night after night can be a job in itself. Pleasing everyone in the family, with their different tastes, likes, and even different schedules. Sometimes you just want to throw in the towel and let everyone fend for themselves.
To get all the flavors of this classic dish, but get it on the table in about 20 minutes, I used ground chicken! Cooks in no time, and gives you all the flavor you are looking for.
What’s In Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Olive Oil
- Ground Chicken
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Panko Breadcrumbs
How To Make Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Use a large skillet and start by heating the oil over medium high heat. Once it is hot add the ground chicken and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking apart the chicken and cooking until the onions are soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until you can just start to smell it.
- Stir in the uncooked pasta, marinara sauce and water. Bring everything to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in both cheeses until everything is melted and comes together.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top. And place under the broiler to get them golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Chicken Parmesan is known of the crispy coating on the chicken. To get this texture, you sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the top and then put it under the broiler. If you truly want a one pot, one step dinner, you can skip this step. Make sure you are using an oven safe skillet if you are putting it under the broiler.
Getting dinner on the table on busy weeknights can be tough, but with this chicken parmesan pasta it doesn’t have to be. Even your picky eaters will be coming back for more.
What To Serve With Chicken Parmesan Pasta
More Great Easy Dinner Recipes
- Potato Pizza
- Instant Pot Meatballs
- Southwest Baked Chicken
- Chicken Tenders
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Mexican Pizza
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 small Onion, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 pound Short Cut Pasta
- 1 24 ounce jar Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large oven safe skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add ground chicken, and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking apart until the onions are soft and chicken is mostly cooked.
- Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in pasta, marinara sauce, and water. Stir and bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs over the top. Place under broiler for 2 minutes until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories 507Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 135mgSodium 1235mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 37g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!