Instant Pot Meatballs – tender and delicious meatballs that could not be easier to make! They are ready in minutes with no browning required.
I have always been a sucker for meatballs, but they are a hard thing to truly master and get perfect every time. These Instant Pot Meatballs come out so tender, juicy, and full of flavor they are absolutely perfect! Use them to make Meatballs Subs, serve as an appetizer or serve over pasta and they will be a huge hit!
To make meatballs you have to be careful not to over mix the meatballs or they will be tough. It is also a balancing act between how many spices and things to add in give the meatballs flavor, but not over power them. And you have to make sure there is enough moisture so they aren’t dry. And after years of trial and error this is the BEST Meatball that I have ever come up with!
What You Need For Instant Pot Meatballs
- Ground Beef
- Ground Pork
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Marinara Sauce
I like to cook the meatballs in marinara sauce, for a few reasons. Mainly, that is what I serve it with every time. But also it is just another thing that helps keep the meatballs from drying out and being tough. I will include instructions if you want to cook the meatballs without the sauce.
How To Make Instant Pot Meatballs
- Start by finely chopping your onion and adding it to a large skillet with a little olive oil. Cook the onions over medium heat until they are soft and translucent. Once they are nice and soft, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until you can start to smell it.
- While the onions are cooking add all of the remaining ingredients (except the marinara sauce) in a large bowl. Add the onions and garlic once they are cooked.
- Mix everything together until it is evenly blended. Form into balls about the size of a golf ball. At this point you can freeze them if making ahead.
- Pour the sauce into the bottom of the Instant Pot and gently add the meatballs, it is ok if a few of them have to sit on top of each other.
- Close the lid, lock the pressure cooker, and cook under high pressure for 7 minutes. Let it naturally release for 5 minutes, and then quick release to finish.
- Once the pressure has fully released remove the lid and serve the meatballs over pasta, as an appetizer, in a sandwich or however you like.
Cooking meatballs in the Instant Pot is such a quick way to get them on the table. You don’t have to stand over a large skillet and brown them in batches, the pressure cooker does all the work. And just like everything else you make in their, it comes out so tender!
You can use this method with any meatball you want to make, and it is going to be delicious. This is definitely my go-to method for making meatballs from now own.
What To Serve With Meatballs
- You can use whatever blend of meat you want. If you are avoiding red meat, you can use ground turkey, ground chicken etc. I like the blend of ground beef and pork for flavor, but you can lighten it up or change it to go with what you are serving.
- Make the meatballs ahead and freeze them! Once you have formed the meatballs, place them on a baking tray and put them in the freezer. Once they are completely frozen transfer them to an air tight container for up to 3 months. Then add 1 minute to the cooking time when you want to actually make the meatballs.
- Don’t want marinara sauce? You can cook the meatballs without sauce, just add 1 cup of liquid to the bottom of the Instant Pot and then put the trivet that comes with the appliance in the bottom. Layer the meatballs on the trivet and follow the cooking instructions. You may want to brown them a little after they are done, they don’t look the most appetizing when cooked this way.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Jambalaya
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Tortilla Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
Sauce for Cooking
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onions and cook until they are soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients, including the cooked onions and garlic. Mix until everything is evenly blended.
- Form into balls about the size of a golf ball and place on a baking sheet. You should have about 28 meatballs.
- Pour marinara sauce into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Gently place the meatballs in the sauce, it is ok if a few of them overlap.
- Place the lid on, make sure it is locked and sealed, and cook under high pressure for 7 minutes. Let it naturally release for 5 minutes before quick releasing to finish.
- Remove the lid and serve the meatballs immediately.
If you do not want to cook in marinara sauce, pour 1 cup of water or broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Put the trivet that came with the appliance in the bottom and arrange the meatballs on the trivet. Follow the cooking instructions above for times.
Amount Per Serving Calories 504Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 154mgSodium 1407mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 35g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!