Instant Pot Jambalaya – make jambalaya with chicken, sausage and shrimp in the pressure cooker! Ready quickly and super easy to make.
I am kind of obsessed with my Instant Pot lately. These chicken tacos are one of my favorite things to make. I make extra meat so I have leftovers for the week. And if you don’t have a smoker the Instant Pot Pulled Pork is the next best thing for that smokey super tender and juicy pulled pork.
You can even use your pressure cooker to make basic things like hard boiled eggs! I have yet to try dessert, but I feel like that is up next on my list. This jambalaya has been on repeat though, my family is requesting it pretty much every week!
What is Jambalaya
It is a dish that is originally from Louisiana. It is mix of meat and vegetables with rice. Traditionally it is made with andouille sausage, chicken or pork and some kind of seafood; like shrimp or crawfish.
The vegetables in jambalaya are very common in most Cajun and southern food. Onions, celery, and green bell pepper. Tomatoes are added to this jambalaya recipe was well, but the basics are present for sure! It is all cooked together with rice and plenty of creole seasoning for a slightly spice, full of flavor and delicious dinner idea.
How to Make Jambalaya
- The first step is to chop up all your meat and veggies. Finely dice the onions, celery and bell pepper all the same size, so they all cook at the same time.
- The shrimp goes in at the end, so just make sure it is peeled and deveined. I took the tails off, so it was easy to eat and they cooked quickly.
- I like to use chicken thighs because they are more forgiving with cooking time. They will not get dried out if nearly as quickly, so they work great in a recipe like this.
- Saute the veggies and the sausage in the bottom of the Instant Pot until veggies are cooked and the sausage is browned.
- Add all of the ingredients and seal the pressure cooker. Bring it up to pressure and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and immediately stir in the shrimp. Recover and let sit for 6-8 minutes until the shrimp is cooked.
This easy jambalaya recipe can get dinner on the table in about 30 minutes from start to finish. My son is currently obsessed with cajun spiced anything. So Cajun Chicken Pasta and this are pretty much on repeat right now. And I am not complaining!
You can serve with bread or a salad or even Roasted Brussels Sprouts. This is definitely a hearty and filling meal that your whole family will love. If you don’t like things super spicy, just cut back on the creole seasoning to make it must more mild. And if you like spicy, by all means add more!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 Tbls vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely shopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz Andouille sausage, sliced into round pieces
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 12 oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (15 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 Tbls creole seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- Turn Instant Pot on the Saute setting.
- Once hot add the oil to the pan. Add onions, celery, bell pepper and sausage. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the veggies are soft and the sausage is browned.
- Mix in garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the shrimp. Stir to combine. Cover and seal the instant pot.
- Set Instant Pot for high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Quick release and immediately add the shrimp, stir to mix them in. Cover and let stand for 7-8 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 605Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 302mgSodium 2908mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 47g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.