Instant Pot Chicken Tacos – make taco night extra tasty with this flavorful and easy chicken! Great for tacos, salads, quesadillas, burritos and more all week long!
Taco night just be my favorite night of the week. I pretty much love all Mexican food, so taco night is just an excuse to have more of it! If I could have Sour Cream Enchiladas multiple times a week, I probably would.
And it doesn’t get much faster or easier than this Instant Pot Chicken. You get perfectly cooked, tender, and juicy chicken in just minutes. And you can make extra for leftovers all week long!
I am pretty much obsessed with my Instant pot lately, and love to try just about anything in it. Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorites to make on busy nights.
There is just something about being able to grab chicken from the freezer when I have nothing else planned, and end up with a delicious dinner in just minutes!
I am not a huge fan of chicken in the crock pot, I think it tends to dry out quickly. But the Instant Pot does something magical to it, and it stays perfectly tender and juicy, and is ready in just minutes! You will barely have time to prep your taco toppings by the time it is done.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Generously coat the chicken on both sides with taco seasoning. I like to use the whole packet, so the sauce gets some more flavor as well
- Add a can of Rotel tomatoes. You can use salsa, or diced tomatoes, or fire roasted tomatoes here. But I the Rotel best, because it stands up to the cooking process and gives it just a hit of spice.
- Add your liquid. You need about 3/4 of a cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot or it will burn. You can use water or chicken broth here, doesn’t really matter.
- Close the lid and start it up! Cook for 15 minutes under pressure, and then natural release for 5 minutes. If you are starting from frozen, I cook for 20 minutes under pressure and then natural release for 5 minutes.
- Shred the cooked chicken and load up your tacos with your favorite toppings; cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, sour cream, jalapenos, avocados and more!
The beauty of this recipe is you can use fresh or frozen chicken breasts! It will take about 20 minutes under high pressure to cook chicken from frozen. This will depend on how thick your chicken is.
These Instant Pot Chicken Tacos really just have 3 ingredients. You need the chicken, taco seasoning, and tomatoes. That is it! The chicken gets all nice and tender with tons of flavor from the tomatoes and the seasoning.
What To Serve With Chicken Tacos
- Homemade Refried Beans
- Mexican Rice
- Slow Cooker Black Beans
- Homemade Guacamole
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
This chicken is great to make extra and have leftovers. You can store in the fridge to add to meals all week, or you can freeze it. Store in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight before using.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are great for a taco bar if you are hosting a party. Doubling the amount of chicken doesn’t take any extra cook time, and you can just set up all the toppings, chips, tortilla etc for your guests to assemble their own.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Greek Meatballs
- Lemon Turkey Cutlets
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Meatballs Subs
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Cafe Rio Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- Generously season both sides of the chicken with taco seasoning.
- Add all of the ingredients into the Instant Pot
- Set for 15 minutes under high pressure. Naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes, and then quick release until the Instant Pot unlocks.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Add back and mix with all the juices at the bottom.
- Serve over tortillas with your favorite toppings
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 206Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 96mgSodium 543mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 36g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!