Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe – this super easy beef stroganoff recipe uses ground beef to make it quick, easy, and budget friendly. It comes together with mushrooms in a delicious and creamy sauce.
I love stroganoff in just about any form! There is just something about the luscious silky sauce that gets me every time. This Creamy Chicken Stroganoff is a slightly lightened up version that we absolutely love. And then you can do fun thing like use beef ravioli for the beef in the recipe. This Skillet Beef Stroganoff Ravioli is such a great quick and easy version.
Do you have any favorite dinners from when you were a kid? You try and try to recreate them, or follow the recipe, but they are never what you remember. Mom’s cooking has a way of doing that! I have a couple that I still make today. Goulash is one that is a staple, and she started my love for all things stroganoff.
This hamburger stroganoff version is such a great weeknight dinner that you can make in one pan on a busy night. It uses ground beef to make it not only fast but budget friendly as well. Plus tons of mushrooms make it one of my go to meals.
What You’ll Need
- Ground Beef
- Egg Noodles
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Ground Beef Stroganoff
This is seriously so easy. It has so much flavor you are not going to believe that you got it on the table in just minutes!
- Cook sliced mushrooms in butter until they are browned. Then remove from the pan and let them sit until the end. If you want to speed this up even further, you can do this in a separate pan.
- Brown ground beef, onions and garlic together. Mix in flour and stir until it is all mixed in.
- Add broth and noodles and simmer until the noodles are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the mushrooms and sour cream until everything is creamy and mixed together.
What Goes With Beef Stroganoff
Tips for Making Beef Stroganoff
- Mushrooms – I like to use baby bella mushrooms because they have more flavor. But you can use white button mushrooms if that is what you have. Any combination of mushrooms will work, so if they are on sale or you have some in the fridge, go ahead and use them!
- Sauce – make sure you remove your pan from the heat before you stir in the sour cream. Sour cream has a tendency to curdle if you heat it, so removing it from the heat ensures you get a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Ground Beef – I use lean ground beef to make this recipe, but you can use what you have. Just make sure to drain any fat away or your dish will be greasy. You can also substitute a different protein, but the taste will change. I do add Worcestershire sauce to the beef to up the flavor. If you use ground turkey I would considering adding beef bullion to the broth to give it an even beefier flavor.
This is such a great dinner recipe that the whole family will love. Try it today and get dinner on the table in no time!
Other Ground Beef Dinner Recipes to Try
- Ground Mongolian Beef
- Crock Pot Chili
- Mexican Pizzas
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
- Best Meatloaf Recipe
- Taco Frito Pie
- Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Lasagna
Ground Beef Stroganoff
Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe - this super easy beef stroganoff recipe uses ground beef to make it quick, easy, and budget friendly. It comes together with mushrooms in a delicious and creamy sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced (baby bella or white button)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 10 oz egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet melt butter and cook mushrooms for 4-5 minutes until they are browned and cooked down. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add ground beef and onions to the pan. Break up ground beef and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix Worcestershire sauce in with ground beef.
- Add flour and mix until all of the white disappears.
- Mix in broth, noodles, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes until the noodles are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and stir in mushrooms and sour cream. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 491Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 130mgSodium 1347mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 32g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
I really love how this is make with a homemade sauce instead of a canned soup! So tasty!
One pot meals are THE BEST! Cuts down on the clean up which is a plus!
If I double this do I also double the broth and flour??
Erin S says
Yes, the pasta uses the broth to cook, so if you don’t double you will have crunchy pasta.
All in one pot and so easy to make. Lovely flavors we all enjoyed!
We loved this recipe! A real keeper!
Sara Welch says
What a great recipe for busy weeknights; I love one pot meals! Adding this to my dinner line up for the week! Delicious!
This recipe is so delicious and tasty! I can’t wait to make this again!
Easiest stroganoff I’ve ever made, such creamy goodness!
This was really good!! I’d happily eat this for dinner any night of the week!
Loved it! Super simple and came out tasting great! One pot meals are the best!
Amber Reeves says
I made this recipe tonight. The only thing I changed was that I added about 1/2 a cup of red wine. I resisted the urge to Go My Own Way on some of the instructions and I am glad I did.
20 minute meals are Lifesavers for me. I enjoy cooking but don’t have the time and energy for large-scale dinner menus.
Both my husband and I had second helpings and he commented how much he liked it about four or five times. It is now in the rotation. Thank you so much!
Can this be frozen? Would love to make for my toddler, but I know it will make way too much for her!
Erin S says
Yes. I would store in small individual portions for her. Then you can just take one out, put it in the fridge to thaw and microwave to give to her.
Woah! This is a must-try recipe!
Pure comfort food. My family loved it.
katerina @ diethood.com says
My family would love this!! It sounds incredibly delicious!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes says
I love that this is all in one pot! I am so excited to try this! YUM!
My favorite dish! I am so glad to make it for my family tonight!