Homemade Hamburger Helper Lasagna – skip the box and try this homemade version. Just a few ingredients, ready in minutes, and the whole family will love it!
Getting dinner on the table quickly is probably every home cooks dream. Or maybe that is just me? After working all day, I really just don’t want to spend an hour making dinner, and getting 3 pots and pans, measuring cups and everything else in the kitchen dirty. So I love a one pot meal, where I only have one skillet to wash.
Ok, so I have a knife to wash after this one too. But the cutting board and the wooden spoon can go in the dishwasher. One pot meals are kind of a busy families life saver at the end of the day. And I hope they never go away. Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet remains the most requested meal by my son.
I grew up eating Hamburger Helper. When I was in college, my roommate and I used to see how we could doctor it up, and what we could add to it to make it better. I think my roommate would be proud of all the homemade hamburger helper versions I have made since.
To make this homemade hamburger helper lasagna have just a little extra something, I used Italian sausage instead of ground beef. Now you can use any ground meat you like in this. Beef, turkey, turkey sausage, chicken sausage…you name it. I like my lasagna to have that extra kick from the sausage, so I used it in my quick stovetop version.
I tried to find those mini lasagna shaped noodles to make this look even more accurate, but the 2 stores I was in didn’t have any. Any short cut pasta will do though. Top with plenty of cheese and fresh basil for a delicious one pan meal any night of the week.
One pan dinners are kind of my favorite thing. This one pan cheesy sausage pasta is one of the more popular recipes on my site, so I know that you guys love quick easy dinners as much as I do.
Be sure to add this Homemade Hamburger Helper Lasagna to your dinner menu tonight!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Spinach Alfredo
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Mexican Rice Skillet
- Sausage & Rice Skillet
- Creamy Chicken & Rice
- Easy Sesame Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (12 oz) box short cut pasta
- 1 1/2 cup Mozarella cheese, shredded
- Basil for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil swirling to coat. Add sausage, breaking apart. Mix in onion, and cook for 5-7 minute until the sausage is cooked and the onions are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add Italian seasoning, marinara sauce, chicken stock, and pasta to the pan. Mix until well combined.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover for 2-3 minutes for cheese to melt.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 554Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 83mgSodium 1208mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 8gProtein 31g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!