Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet – Ditch the box mix Hamburger Helper and make this homemade version instead! Dinner is ready in minutes, with just a few pantry ingredients.
Easy dinners are a must most nights of the week. Everyone is busy these days, with different schedules and commutes and just lots of running around. So getting a homemade dinner on the table in about 20 minutes is exactly what you need!
This homemade cheeseburger macaroni will beat any box mix hamburger helper any day! And will take the same amount of time.
When I was a kid my mom always had a box of Hamburger Helper in the pantry. It wasn’t something we had often, unless we were camping. But it was there for nights when nothing was planned and she needed to get dinner on the table. Well, homemade hamburger helper is going stop you from buying that mix!
What You’ll Need
Yes, the list is longer than a box mix and a pound of ground beef. But that doesn’t meat it takes longer. You measure the spices while the meat is browning. So you still have dinner in 20 minutes.
- Ground Beef
- Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
Plus you get actual REAL CHEESE! No powdered fake stuff here.
How To Make Cheeseburger Macaroni
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef, breaking it up into small pieces. Drain any fat away.
- Mix together all of the spices and add to the ground beef once it is cooked.
- Pour in the water, milk, and pasta and stir until everything is combined.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until it is melted.
- Let it stand for a couple minutes to thicken up before serving.
A piping hot, meaty, creamy, cheesy supper the kids and grown ups will love, and only 20 minutes worth of work. You will never go back to the box mix again!
What To Serve With Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Lasagna
- Taco Pasta Skillet
- Pierogies Sausage Skillet
- One Pan Chicken Spinach Alfredo
- Pork Lo Mein
- Creamy Beef Pasta
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 cups Boiling Water, hot
- 2 cups Skim Milk
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a large skillet brown ground beef over medium high heat. Once cooked, drain any fat that remains.
- Mix together all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Add to the drained beef, stir to combine.
- Pour in hot water, milk, and pasta. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 - 12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Remove from heat, and let stand for a few minute until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 518Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 116mgSodium 985mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 39g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!