Creamy Beef Pasta – an easy recipe that gets dinner on the table the whole family will love any night of the week! Creamy, hearty, and perfect for those picky eaters.
When I was growing up Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni made a regular appearance in our house. And I completely understand why. Working all day, coming home to a house full of hungry people, and you need to figure out dinner fast.
But with just a little bit of planning you can get a similar meal on the table, that not only tastes a million times better, but is also so much better for you! You can know and trust all of the ingredients in it, and your family is still going to love it and go back for more.
Creamy Beef Pasta
Life is busy, no matter if you have kids or are just working, there is always something happening. A few quick and easy dinners really help make it through the busy week. This ground beef pasta is so simple to make, you can have it ready in under 30 minutes with just a few ingredients. Your picky kids will love it, and you can even add mushrooms, peppers or other veggies to bulk it up if you like.
What You’ll Need
- Olive Oil
- Ground Beef
- Short Cut Pasta – any shape you like, rotini works well as there is a lot of area to trap the sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Beef Broth – I like to use low sodium
- Cream Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to Make Creamy Beef Pasta
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and onion together. Once the onion is soft and the meat is cooked make sure to drain away any fat.
- I like to add the garlic for just a minute or two after the meat is cooked. This makes sure you get the flavor of the garlic and that is doesn’t burn.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Next mix in all the seasonings with the meat and pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once the sauce has started to thicken slightly mix in the cream cheese until it is melted and smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta and Mozzarella to the pan and mix until everything is blended and the cheese is melted.
This beef pasta isn’t quite a one pot meal like a box mix, but it still takes the same amount of time and is so much better! This simple recipe is full of flavor and a huge hit at our house. I love how easy it is to make and I know what my family is eating. They are just happy for a comforting pasta dish that fills them up!
What To Serve With Beef Pasta
This is a hearty and comforting pasta, but here are a few great side dish ideas to complete the meal.
More Busy Dinner Recipes
- Garlic Tomato Baked Chicken
- One Pan Pizza Chicken
- Pork Lo Mein
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Sausage & Rice Skillet
- Pesto Cavatappi
- Chickpea Curry
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz short cut pasta
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Add oil to a large skillet over high heat. Once hot at ground beef and onion. Break up the ground beef and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions are soft and the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain any fat from the pan. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Mix in Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, tomato sauce and beef broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes until it starts to thicken slightly.
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes and add to the pan. Stir until it is completely melted.
- Add in cooked pasta and Mozzarella cheese. Stir until everything is evenly coated and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 81mgSodium 711mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 29g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!