This post has been sponsored by Dairy Farmers of America. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Garlic Tomato Baked Chicken is a delicious chicken recipe that makes a great weeknight dinner or an easy meal for entertaining! Baked chicken in a garlic butter with an Italian tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese!
You know that I am all about EASY dinners! Everyone is busy these days, so whether it is a weeknight meal you need to get on the table for the whole family or if you are entertaining—I want it to be easy. Easy doesn’t take away from flavor, though—that is for sure!
It doesn’t get much easier than this garlic tomato baked chicken. A few staple ingredients come together along with my favorite Cache Valley® Whole Milk Mozzarella, making for a delicious and super simple dinner that is fancy enough for entertaining and easy enough for weeknights.
Have you tried Cache Valley® Creamery yet? This summer, I used their sliced cheese to make this Spicy Bacon Cheeseburger and it quickly became a favorite. You definitely need to run to Safeway to pick some up because it will make all the difference in your recipes.
Not only do the mozzarella shreds melt perfectly on this baked chicken, it is a good source of protein and calcium! Cache Valley® Creamery is relatively new to the Denver area. It is a Utah-based company that is dedicated to communities and families, which makes me feel really good about buying and supporting them.
How to Make Baked Chicken
- Season the chicken. You always want to start by seasoning your chicken with salt and pepper. Chicken doesn’t have a lot of flavor on its own, so give it a little help and season first!
- Canned tomatoes make this recipe super quick and easy, as well as perfect to make all year round!
- Garlic butter is part of what makes this recipe special! I like to melt the butter and sauté the garlic on the stovetop before pouring overtop the chicken. This makes sure the butter gets a nice garlic flavor that goes all over the chicken and tomatoes.
- Next, you bake. How long you bake depends on how thick your pieces of chicken are. I like to use chicken tenders or chicken cutlets so they cook quickly.
- After the chicken is cooked, it is time to top with cheese! Cache Valley® Whole Milk Mozzarella melts perfectly and makes this chicken extra tasty. Place under the broiler so it gets nice and golden.
- Once it comes out of the oven, I like to sprinkle with just a little bit of Italian seasoning to give it just a little more flavor. This step is completely optional.
How Long Do You Bake Chicken Breasts?
Cooking time for chicken breasts varies a lot based on how thick your chicken is and how hot your oven is. I like to bake at 400°F degrees, because I think it locks in the juices and leads to a juicer and tender piece of chicken. The average chicken breasts takes around 25-30 minutes. If you are using chicken cutlets or chicken tenders, it is closer to 15-20 minutes.
You know your chicken is done when the juices run clear and it is no longer pink in the middle. The best way to know if your chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer. You want to cook the chicken to 165°F degrees for perfectly cooked chicken.
The nice thing about this baked chicken is how little work it takes. You can season the chicken and place it in the pan with the tomatoes ahead of time. Then, just melt the butter and garlic together when it is time to bake it. I love easy recipes like this when entertaining, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen and miss out on time with my guests.
The butter and tomatoes together make a great sauce for the chicken. You can serve with rice, pasta, or even just bread so you don’t miss out on any of the sauce!
Make sure you head to Safeway to pick up Cache Valley® Whole Milk Mozzarella, and check out their other varieties as well. Up your pizza night game, make better grilled cheese sandwiches, and even make your game day dips better with their wholesome and delicious cheese!
Whether you are trying to get dinner on the table on a busy weeknight or you are having friends and family over for dinner, this garlic tomato baked chicken is going to be a huge hit. All it takes is 5 ingredients and a few minutes until you have a delicious chicken dinner. Can’t get much easier than that!
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Easy Sesame Chicken
- Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Honey Dijon Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Cache Valley® Whole Milk Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes into baking dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Nestle chicken into the tomatoes.
- Pour melted butter over chicken
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Top with cheese.
- Turn oven to broil and cook until cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with Italian seasoning if using, and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 153mgSodium 554mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 44g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!