Chicken Salad With Grapes – add sweet grapes to your classic chicken salad to make a quick and easy meal everyone will love.
Chicken salad is one of those classic recipes that everyone loves. It is the perfect thing to have on hand for quick lunches, make for an easy dinner or feed a crowd.
And it happens to be one of those dishes that everyone has their own version of. I personally love the touch of sweetness the grapes give it, and they are a staple when I make it! Think you aren’t a fan of mayo? Trust me and give this version a try, it may just change your mind!
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Chicken – any kind of cooked chicken will do. Rotisserie chicken is my favorite to use, but leftover cut up chicken is great too!
- Grapes – halved seedless grapes (red or green) give this just a touch of sweetness.
- Celery – give it crunch and texture
- Green Onions – mild onion flavor without the crunch of raw onion
- Parsley – adds color and a little freshness
- Mayonnaise – this makes it creamy and it brings it all together. Greek Yogurt is a great substitute.
- Seasonings – salt, pepper, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard
The things that makes this chicken salad recipe special is the dressing. I am not usually a fan of anything mayo based, but with all the seasonings add it, it is over the top delicious!
This chicken salad dressing is so flavorful you can use it on a regular salad, to make coleslaw or even use for your potato salad. Trust me, this is not your average chicken salad with grapes that you have tried before.
And if you think you aren’t a mayo fan don’t miss this Avocado Chicken Salad for a twist that uses buttery avocado to make it super flavorful and delicious.
How To Make Chicken Salad From Scratch
- In a large bowl toss together the chicken, grapes, celery, scallions, and parsley until everything is mixed together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing until it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and mix together until everything is well coated.
- Serve immediately as a sandwich, salad, wrap, or just enjoy with a fork!
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last?
This will really depend on how you store it. If you make it ahead you can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days in an air tight container. So it is great to have on hand for lunches during the week.
Having a picnic? If you are serving it at a potluck or taking it on a picnic where it will sit out in hot weather, it will last for about an hour. At room temperature it will be fine for two hours. whenever mayonnaise is involved it is always important to keep an eye on the time.
How To Serve Chicken Salad
- Bun – a good ol’ hamburger bun works great!
- Croissant – a buttery flakey croissant is so good with chicken salad.
- Wrap – put it in your favorite tortilla or wrap and fold it up.
- Lettuce – keep things low carb and healthier by serving it on a bed of fresh spinach, mixed greens or your favorite lettuce.
- Stuffed Tomatoes – In the summer when tomatoes are super fresh hollowing out the inside and stuffing it with chicken salad is a great idea for a buffet or to feed a crowd.
- Crackers – my family loves to enjoy it almost like a dip and serve on whole grain crackers.
This is such a simple chicken salad recipe that really packs a punch with flavor. The grapes add a sweetness that makes it special and extra tasty! You could definitely throw in a few nuts if you want even more of a crunch.
More Chicken Recipes
- Crunchy Southwest Chicken Wrap
- Cafe Rio Chicken
- Garlic Baked Chicken
- Chicken Enchilada Chili
- Chicken Pozole
- Honey Sesame Chicken Salad Wrap
- 4 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved grapes (red or green)
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
For the dressing:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, celery, scallions, and parsley. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, garlic, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, paprika, and pepper until fully combined.
- Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and stir until everything is well coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately on bread, croissant, tortilla, a bed of lettuce or enjoy with a fork.
Store leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 96mgSodium 514mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 22g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!