Chicken Enchilada Chili – a favorite Mexican dinner gets turned into a 20 minute warm and comforting chili! Great for any night of the week.
Mexican food is a favorite for a lot of people. It can been Chicken Enchiladas or just taco night. But the flavors of Mexican food just draw me in!
Some of the most popular recipes on the blog are Mexican food. Mexican Rice Skillet anyone? Gotta love when you can make a complete meal, in one pan, in 25 minutes, and have the whole family love it.
Chicken Enchilada Chili
We have been making this chicken enchilada soup for about 12 years. It was one of the recipes I found when we first got married. It has changed over the years into this version that is a staple in our house. You can add more vegetables or change it up to whatever you have and like.
What You’ll Need
- Chicken Breasts
- Corn Kernels
- Black Beans
- Rotel Tomatoes
- Enchilada Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
Crock Pot Chili is kind of a go to when it gets cold out, and this chicken enchilada chili is the other one. If it is a cold and snowy night, this is on the menu for sure. It comes together quickly and uses pantry staples I pretty much always have on hand.
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Chili
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- In a large pot brown the chicken pieces and onions together, until chicken is browned. It doesn’t have to be fully cooked, but just browned on the outside.
- Add in frozen corn, stir and let it cook for about 2 minutes, just until it is thawed.
- Pour in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- To serve, top with cheddar cheese and crushed Fritos.
What Else Can I Add To Chili
The great debate of beans or no beans in chili is something we always have at my house. And it doesn’t end when this chicken enchilada chili.
- Black Beans
- Bell Peppers
- Use ground turkey or ground beef
- Make it creamy by melting in some cream cheese
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
You can also FREEZE this soup. Let it cool completely then store in the freezer for 3-4 months. Let it thaw in the fridge and reheat on the stove top or the microwave.
What Goes With Enchilada Chili
More Comforting Dinner Recipes
- Beef Chili
- Bourbon Chicken
- Texas Chili
- Wet Burrito
- Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Sausage Penne Pasta
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- 1 can (14 oz) can enchilada sauce , (whatever heat level you like)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, , shredded (optional garnish)
- Chili Cheese Fritos, (optional garnish)
- In a large pan brown chicken and onions together, until chicken is browned.
- Add in frozen corn. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce. Bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- To serve, top with cheddar cheese and crushed fritos.
Amount Per Serving Calories 292Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 88mgSodium 852mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 34g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!