Best Cornbread Recipe- a sweet cornbread recipe that you can make in a skillet, a baking dish or even in a muffin tin. Stop searching, this will become your go to corn bread!
Cornbread might be one of the best things about cold weather. I realize that doesn’t make a ton of sense, but hear me out. What do you make to go with your crock pot chili? Corn bread.
So when the weather turns cold, I get excited for the best cornbread recipe to be on repeat all fall and winter long. We have been making this sweet cornbread recipe for about 10 years.
This corn bread recipe is great because, you can make it anyway you want! As you can see this time I made it in a cast iron skillet. But I also make it in a cake pan or an 8 inch square baking dish, or I make it into corn muffins. Doesn’t matter what shape it is, we love it! My husband loves to drizzle honey on his cornbread. I prefer butter. A warm slice of cornbread with the butter melting into all the cracks and crevices? Yeah, I am drooling just thinking about it.
So if you have been searching for the perfect cornbread recipe, stop searching. This recipe bakes up perfectly each time. And you usually have everything on hand to make it. So much better than any box mix you might usually use. Cornbread is one of the easiest recipes to make, you just measure a couple things and mix together.
How to Make Cornbread
- The dry ingredients are all whisked together until they are combined.
- Add in the eggs, oil, and mix and stir until it is just combined.
- Be careful not to over mix, or your cornbread will be tough and not as tender.
- You can bake in any type of pan that you want – a muffin tin, a cake pan, a square baking dish, or a cast iron skillet. Just make sure to grease it will so your cornbread comes out nicely.
- Bake until a tester comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
I grew up on jiffy cornbread and it was great. But this is SO much better! It is thick, dense, light, hearty, sweet, plenty of corn meal flavor and pretty much just as easy to make. So you might have to get like 3 more ingredients out, but it is worth it!
So give up the box mix, and start making this cornbread recipe today!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 inch round cake pan, a 9 inch skillet, or 12 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in egg, milk and oil until well combined.
- Pour into pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes for cake pan or skillet, or 15 minutes for muffins. A toothpick inserted to the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and serve with butter and/or honey.
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 26mgSodium 535mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.