Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork – Creamy polenta topped with slow cooker balsamic pork and a creamy avocado cream. Super easy comfort food!
One of my favorite things when it gets cool outside is Creamy Polenta. I am not sure why, but I just want to pair it with everything. And this Balsamic Pork is the perfect pair. The pork cooks in the crockpot all day, so it is tender, juicy, and takes just 5 minutes of your time to throw together.
Don’t worry, if you don’t like polenta, you can still make this. Just use potatoes or rice with you pork. You want something to soak up that delicious sauce!
Love The Crockpot?
There are so many great recipes you can make in the crockpot, they just make life and dinner time so much easier! Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken, Crockpot Potato Soup and Crockpot Chili are a few other must try recipes.
What You’ll Need
- Pork Shoulder
- Beef Broth
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
The polenta and avocado cream are optional, but so good as well. So be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the full recipe with the measurements.
How To Make Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork
- Start by mixing together the beef broth with all of the rest of the ingredients for the pork (minus the pork shoulder).
- Place the pork shoulder in the crockpot and pour the beef broth mixture over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until soft and tender.
- Use forks to shred the pork and mix back in with the sauce.
- If you are making the polenta, start about 25 minutes before you are ready to eat. All you do is heat the milk and chicken broth in a saucepan. Whisk in polenta and salt. Cook, whisking frequently, for about 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Mix in cream cheese until well combined.
- You can make the avocado cream up to an hour before you are eating. Just mash the avocado and mix with sour cream, salt and pepper.
How To Serve Balsamic Pork
Or you can serve alone with whatever your favorite sides are!
More Tasty Dinner Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches
- Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- American Goulash
- Beef Chili
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
To Make Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork
- Combine all of the ingredients for the Balsamic Pork (minus the pork shoulder). Mix until well combined.
- Place pork in the slow cooker. Pour balsamic mixture over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred pork. Add back to the liquid and keep warm.
To Make The Polenta
- Heat milk and chicken broth in a saucepan. Whisk in polenta and salt. Cook, whisking frequently, for about 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Mix in cream cheese until well combined.
To Make The Avocado Cream
- Mash avocado and mix with sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to an hour before serving
- Scoop polenta into the bottom of a bowl. Top with shredded pork and a dollop of avocado cream.
Adapted from Running to the Kitchen
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 837Total Fat 59gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 226mgSodium 1282mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 58g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!