Slow Cooker French Dip – juicy tender beef cooked in a savory broth and served on a French roll. Au jus is great for dipping and make this crock pot recipe a staple in any house!
I love a classic French Dip sandwich. If it is on a restaurant menu, it is definitely what I pick. There is just something about the tender beef ,on the crusty bread, that you then get to dip in the au jus that gets me every time.
Plus when you can spend just 5 minutes getting dinner ready and have it waiting for you at the end of the day, that is a win! Crock Pot Chili is another must make on a cold night if you want quick and easy that your family will love.
This crock pot French Dip is perfect for any night of the week. You put everything in the crock pot in the morning and when you come home, dinner is done! So easy, just 5 minutes of work. Plus the leftovers are amazing!
What You’ll Need
- Chuck Roast
- Soy Sauce
- Bay Leaf
- Dried Rosemary
- Dried Thyme
- Garlic Powder
- Beef Broth
- Hoagie Rolls
How To Make Crockpot French Dips
- Start by trimming any excess fat from your chuck roast. You want it to be marbled and have plenty of fat, that is how it gets so tender and juicy. But if your has a large excess on the outside, you can trim that down.
- Add the chuck roast to the crockpot. Mix your beef broth with the rest of the ingredients together (minus the buns) and pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
- Once the meat is cooked and tender, use forks to shred.
- Serve the meat on buns with desired toppings.
Can I Use The Instant Pot
Absolutely! I have an Instant Pot French Dip recipe you can follow. It is a little different ingredients, it uses canned soups to make the au jus sauce. Or you can use this recipe with that cooking time. Either way, it is seriously easy and going to be one of your favorites!
Can I Make Ahead
Yes, this is a great one to make ahead! You can then have it in the fridge to reheat in the crockpot or on the stovetop for 4-5 days. Or you can freeze it. Let it cool completely and store in an airtight container in the freezer for 4-5 months. Let the beef thaw in the fridge overnight, and then reheat in the crockpot on low or in a stockpot on the stove.
What Do You Serve With A French Dip Sandwich
What Goes On A French Dip Sandwich
That is really up to you! You can keep it basic or you can really dress it up!
- Top with Provolone or Mozzarella cheese. Place the sandwiches under the broiler to melt the cheese for a gooey and delicious sandwich.
- Top with banana peppers and Sriracha if you like things spicy.
- Add Sautéed Mushrooms and/or caramelized onions.
I am always on the look out for Quick Dinner Ideas, and this is definitely one of them. Anything that only requires me to be in the kitchen for 5 minutes is a win. So add this French Dip sandwich recipe to your menu now!
More Delicious Dinner Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- Beef Chili
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- BBQ Chicken Wraps
- Taco Spaghetti
- Lemon Shrimp & Grits
- 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups beef stock
- 8 hoagie rolls
- Provolone cheese
- Banana Peppers
- Sriracha Sauce
- Trim the roast of the visible fat. Place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (not including the buns or toppings) to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove the roast, and shred or slice the meat. Return to the slow cooker.
- Slice hoagie rolls. If using cheese, place a slice of cheese inside the bun. Fill with sliced roast. Top as desired. Serve with a small bowl of the broth for dipping.
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 560Saturated Fat 6gCholesterol 176mgSodium 886mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 68g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!