Instant Pot Jasmine Rice – make the perfect rice every time with your Instant Pot! Just a few minutes and you have fluffy jasmine rice.
My family eats a lot of rice! I am pretty sure we currently have 3 different bags of 10+ pounds of rice in the closet. You need Japanese style rice, Jasmine rice and of course your plain white rice. They all have their different purposes!
I think a rice cooker was one of the first appliances we bought when we got married. We have gone from a tiny little one to a really nice one over the last 20 years. It is definitely a staple in our kitchen. But after using the Instant Pot it might be time to rethink that.
Jasmine Rice is probably my favorite rice. Even down to the smell of it, it is just so good. And to have it ready so quickly in the Instant Pot is great for busy nights. You just set the timer, come back a few minutes later and it is done.
And honestly one less appliance in the kitchen is always nice.
How Much Water To Use With Jasmine Rice In Instant Pot
I use a 1:1 ratio. This means that for every 1 cup of rice you use 1 cup of water. This is not what the back of the bag says, but it is what works when you cook it this method.
How Long Does Jasmine Rice Take In The Instant Pot
It will cook under manual high pressure for 5 minutes and naturally release for 10 minutes. This means your total time, including coming up to pressure is probably 25 minutes. About the same amount of time on the stove, but you don’t have to stir it or keep an eye on the temperature to make sure it doesn’t boil too much.
How To Cook Jasmine Rice In The Instant Pot
- The first step is to rinse your rice. The easiest way is to place the rice in a colander and run water through it. When the water comes through clear, you can add it to your Instant Pot.
- Pour in the water and mix in the salt.
- Place the lid on, lock it in place, making sure your Instant Pot is sealed.
- Set the manual pressure for 5 minutes. Once it is cooked, let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice and serve.
- Do not skip the step of rinsing your rice. This washes away a lot of the excess starch on the rice and ensures you get fluffy white rice and don’t get the burn notice on your Instant Pot.
- Use the manual pressure setting to cook. Most Instant Pots have a rice setting, but I think setting the time and controlling that works best. Different types of rice cook at different times, it isn’t necessarily just based on the volume in the pot.
- You can easily double this recipe and the cooking time doesn’t change.
- Using broth instead of water to cook your rice in gives it so much flavor. I often use chicken broth instead of water to make it even better.
Recipes to Serve With Jasmine Rice
- Crispy Sesame Chicken
- Cashew Chicken
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Ground Mongolian Beef
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Kung Pao Chicken
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Place rice in a colander and run under water until the water is clear. Add to Instant Pot
- Pour in water and stir in the salt.
- Make sure the rice is all under the water, cover and lock Instant Pot.
- Set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Once it is done cooking, let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff rice to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 68Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 391mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!