Cinnamon Roll Pancakes – Thick and fluffy pancakes with a swirl of brown sugar and cinnamon and topped with a cream cheese glaze! The ultimate weekend breakfast.
These pancakes were one of the first recipes I made when I started this blog almost 10 years ago. They are a cross between your favorite pancakes and the perfect cinnamon roll.
These pancakes start with a super easy homemade pancake recipe that then have a swirl of brown sugar and cinnamon in the middle. And to make them over the top a cream cheese glaze is drizzled over the top.
This cinnamon roll pancake recipe takes a few steps to make. But trust me, they are totally worth it.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Start by making the brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Melt the butter and mix everything together. If you have a squeeze bottle it is the perfect place to store this. Or you can place in a plastic bag that you will cut off the tip to squeeze it onto the pancakes later. You want to let this come up to room temperature and thicken. It should be the consistency of tooth paste when you use it.
- Make the glaze. Melt the butter and cream cheese together and then whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla. You can make this ahead and the microwave for a few seconds to thin it out when you are ready to serve.
- Next make the pancakes. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together milk, oil, and egg. Pour milk mixture into the flour and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix, a few lumps are ok.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Spray or brush with butter. Once hot scoop about 1/3 cup of batter onto hot surface.
- Once bubbles start to form, squeeze the brown sugar mixture in a circle over the top of the batter. Cook for an additional minute, and then gently flip and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with cream cheese glaze.
- Be careful not to over mix your pancake batter. A few lumps are really ok when you are making pancakes. If you over mix they will be slightly tough and not fluffy.
- Make sure your brown sugar mixture is thick enough, you want it the consistency of tooth paste. As the butter cools down it will thicken. If it is too runny, when you flip the pancakes it will leak out all over your griddle.
- Let your pancakes cook for awhile before you put the cinnamon mixture on. The heat from cooking will melt the butter and warm it up, so the less time it is on the griddle the better!
- Don’t press down on your pancakes after you flip them. Lots of people flip pancakes and then immediately use the spatula to press down on the pancakes. Don’t do this, it condenses your pancakes and they will no longer be light and fluffy.
- You can use any pancake recipe you like. If you have a favorite pancake recipe or want to use a box mix for that step, go for it. Any kind of classic pancake will work for these.
If you are a fan of cinnamon rolls and pancakes these are the perfect pancake for you. They are indulgent and over the top, and they make weekend mornings seem special. We always have cinnamon rolls at our house for holidays, but we definitely enjoy these all year round!
More Breakfast Recipes
- Chocolate Waffles
- Pancake Muffins
- Sausage Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- Homemade Donuts
- Funfetti Pancakes
- Nutella Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
To Make Filling:
- Mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Put filling into a zip top bag or small squeeze bottle and set aside. Let set for about 30 minutes to set up, you want about the consistency of toothpaste.
To Make Glaze:
- Melt butter and cream cheese together, mix until they are smooth and combined.
- Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until it is smooth and thin. You want to be able to drizzle over the pancakes. If it is too thick and a tiny bit of milk
To Make Pancakes:
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg, milk, and oil.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined. A few lumps remaining is ok, be careful not to over mix.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Once hot spray with non-stick spray or brush with butter. Scoop about 1/3 cup of pancake batter onto the hot surface and let cook until tiny bubbles form on the surface.
- Squeeze brown sugar mixture in a spiral over the top of the pancake.
- Gently flip and cook for about 2 minutes until pancakes are cooked.
- Remove and serve with the glaze.
Wipe your cooking surface clean between batches of pancakes.
Recipe from Recipe Girl
Amount Per Serving Calories 640Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 139mgSodium 999mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 2gSugar 36gProtein 10g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!