Easy Homemade Pancake Muffins – get pancakes for breakfast with these easy muffins! They are great to freeze for busy mornings, and you can top them however you like!
We all know I am a huge fan of muffins. Chocolate Chip Muffins are a staple in our house. One of the things I like best about muffins is how easy they are to make and freeze. You can always have them on hand, so busy school mornings are super easy. You can grab one to take to work with you and have a homemade breakfast every day.
Plus there are just so many fun flavors you can make. If you have over ripe bananas these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a definite must make!
If my family had their way, pancakes would be on the menu multiple times a week. There is just something about soft fluffy pancakes with maple syrup that everyone loves. Well now with these pancake muffins they can. You get all the flavor of pancakes in the form of a muffin! And you can top them with whatever your family likes. Super easy to mix them up and make a few with blueberries and a few with chocolate chips.
My son is obsessed with chocolate chip pancakes, so I did quite a few with chocolate chips on top. I also did a few with blueberries and a few with sliced bananas. But you could really do whatever your family enjoys! Pretty much any sweet or savory combination will work.
What Can You Put On Pancake Muffins
- Sliced strawberries
- Chocolate chips
- Banana slices
- Coconut and sliced Pineapple
- Cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage
- Crumbled bacon
What is in Pancake Muffins
They start with pretty much your average pancake ingredients, and then you can get creative with the toppings.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Maple Syrup
How to Make Pancake Muffins
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Mix everything together. The batter will be a little lumpy, just like pancake batter normally is.
- Scoop dough into a muffin tin and start topping. Top with whatever your family enjoys.
- Then just bake until they are cooked through.
These muffins are best stored in an air tight container for a couple days, or freeze them! I am asked all the time if you can freeze muffins, and the answer is always YES!! Just allow them to cool completely and then put in a plastic food storage bag. You can freeze them for up to 2-3 months. Then you just microwave one to thaw, or let it sit on the counter until it is thawed.
I love how easy these pancake muffins are to make. And everyone in the family gets the toppings they want. We like them with just a little syrup drizzled over the top to serve. All the taste of a lazy weekend breakfast on a busy weekday morning is the best way to start the day!
Lots of other Muffin Recipes to Try
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- Nutella Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Blender Muffins
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Bran Muffins
- Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Chocolate Chips
- Strawberries, chopped
- Banana, sliced
- Shredded Coconut
- Chopped Nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a bowl or liquid measuring cup whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and maple syrup.
- Add wet and dry ingredients together. Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin, filling about 2/3 of the way full.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per ServingCalories 143 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 42mg Sodium 279mg Carbohydrates 20g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!