Nutella Muffins – Soft and tender homemade muffins with a delicious swirl of Nutella.
If you are new here, you might not be familiar with my muffin obsession. You can see the many many muffin recipes that I have shared over the years. There is just something about homemade muffins. They are great to have stashed in the freezer for quick and easy breakfast any morning of the week.
Chocolate Chip Muffins are my son’s all time favorite, and I often have my freezer stocked with them. I try to do something a little healthier. These Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Blender Muffins are my go-to. They are naturally gluten free, have no butter or oil, and no refined sugar. So I can feel better about eating them. These nutella muffins? They are 100% a treat that I will work into my life at any time.
This muffin recipe is based off my chocolate chip muffins. They are dense, but still moist and tender. And of course the swirl of Nutella makes them extra tasty. Because I am all for Nutella in any form. I mean, Nutella Oreo Truffles are such a great treat to make.
What You’ll Need
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
How to Make Muffins
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- The most important thing with making muffins is not over mixing the batter. If you do the muffins will be tough.
- To make sure that muffins are tender, start by mixing the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Measure all of the liquid ingredients in a liquid measuring cup.
- Stir the milk mixture into the flour and stir until just combined.
- An ice cream scoop ensures that all of the muffins are the same size and it doesn’t make a mess of your muffin tin.
- Spoon in Nutella into the center of each muffins and use a toothpick, knife, or bamboo skewer to swirl around.
- Bake until a tester comes out clean. You will have chocolate on the tester, but you want to make sure there isn’t any muffin batter.
- Let them cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The biggest tip for these muffins is to just gently swirl in the Nutella. Some people have actually really mixed it in, and the complain about their muffins falling and being hollow. It is designed to be a gentle swirl as shown in the images and the video. So use a knife or toothpick once you scoop in the batter and just swirl.
- Be careful not to overmix your batter. This is why mixing in the Nutella after they are in the muffin cups is such a big deal. Muffin batter is more delicate that it looks. If you want light and fluffy muffins, you can’t stir too much, or the glutens develop in the flour faster than they should, and it makes your muffins tough and not a good texture.
- Don’t like Nutella? Don’t worry, you could use peanut butter, biscoff spread or any else that is this same consistency that you swirl in the batter.
Can you Freeze Muffins?
Absolutely! I always freeze leftover muffins in a freezer safe plastic bag. They last in the freezer for 2-3 months.
How to Freeze Muffins
- Allow muffins to cool completely
- Place in a plastic freezer safe storage bag
- Freeze for 2-3 months
- To serve microwave for about 30 seconds per muffin, or let thaw on the counter for a couple hours.
More Great Breakfast Recipes
- Lemon Pancakes
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Breakfast Tacos
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Sausage Quiche
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Pancake Muffins
Nutella Muffins - Soft and tender homemade muffins with a delicious swirl of Nutella.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Nutalla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to equal 1 cup. Add to flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups
- Spoon about 1 Tbls of Nutella. Use a toothpick, knife, or bamboo skewer to swirl the Nutella.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 168Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 16mgSodium 179mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
- Bisquick Muffins - May 29, 2023
- Oatmeal Pancakes - May 26, 2023
Wednesday 8th of February 2023
Really appreciate the fact that this yielded exactly 12 delicious muffins! I never seem to get the right amount of items from any recipe Will definitely make these again!
Sunday 8th of May 2022
This is a very tasty and sweet breakfast! My family loved it
Wednesday 4th of May 2022
Seriously amazing! These muffins were really hard to resist!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes
Wednesday 4th of May 2022
Oh my! Such a fantastic muffin recipe! I LOVE Nutella and am so excited to try these muffins!!
katerina @ diethood.com
Wednesday 4th of May 2022
WOW! These nutella muffins are faaantastic!! I can't wait to try this!